Proud of my flag and proud of my country

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We fly the Canadian flag on our farm year round, I have flags on my suit case's, back pack's, hoodie's and tee shirts and wear them proudly where ever I travel...
I am and always will be proud to be a Canadian, proud for what Canada stands for and proud of our troops and the sacrifices these individuals have and continue to make on my behalf, my families behalf and the behalf of all Canadians.
Are there other problems we face in our country other then the threat of ISIS, yes but that is another discussion....
Just because to date, ISIS hasn't struck in a bigger way on Canadian soil, doesn't make the threat we face as a Country/World any less real, if we as a Country were to stick our heads in the sand, they will bring this fight to our Country and then you'll hear the people screaming why didn't we do more...

I wish for World peace to all, but until then.....I am extremely thankful we have the worlds best standing proud and strong protecting our borders....

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadian soldier are very respected in the world, more so i feel then in their own country. I have heard it many time's by Canadian laughing at our military. Heard thing like "our troops have wooden gun's", "our navy sail's WW1 ship's and our newest acquisition were WW11 sub's". It goes on and on....yet the Canadian men and women that goes over seas are more respected then any other countries in the UN or NATO and for a very good reason.

I joined the armforces as a reservist and by the time i was 19 years old i was a regular in the airborne infantry regiment. I was stationed at the CFB Germany and was assigned with the NATO forces then shipped out to Cyprus as peace keeper's between the Greek's and Turk's, in the mid 80s.
I returned to Canada, then after 6 month went back to CFB Germany. There i was deployed to Saravejo as part of NATO peace keeper's but returned to Canada on different circumstances. Then left the forces. The Bosnian war started shortly after.

So yes giving recognition to these people mean's alot.
Wearing that little Canadian flag on your shoulder got you places that our friends couldn't go and seldom arm's were used. Not that we were never shot at as scare tactic's.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank's guy's, this is not something that i thought i would EVER post on a forum, but i did, hope i did the right thing and don't regret it BUT...

It is something for me that is close to my heart and even after nearly 25 years of being out i feel very passionate about.
When i left the service it was very difficult for me to set in to civilian life. I picked up a job within the year but for an easy 2 years never felt like i fitted in society in general.
Even though i saw and witness lots, i never was entrenched in a full on battle for day's on end. Unlike some of the young people today coming back from Afghanistan. I cannot imagine how difficult it will be for some to adjust to civilian life again, some won't and will sign up for another tour else where. Other's will get lost in the system and forgotten or even take their own life. Thus why it is so important for us to show our support for these young people.
Yes i'm proud of our flag our country and most of all our young men and women that serve and out loud show the world "we will not stand for injustice but stand up for those that can't". That is what Canada is known for.

Top Bottom