Proud of my flag and proud of my country

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just like everyone to know that given the issues overseas and with Isis, that I am THANKFUL and very proud of our TROOPS who ensure we are able to live the lives we live! Hats off to Canada!

I have a very good friend that was overseas on our last deployment, he did 2 tour's. I wish i was younger and still serving at time's, but i left the service.
I'm also proud of Canada's role in the world scene, we have some of the best front line people in the world and are well respected.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's true that Canada is well respected on the world stage. Our men and women in the armed services represent us very well. It's too bad we are more worried about this than about children in our own country going to school hungry.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
children in our own country going to school hungry.

Off topic, but...

That is not a huge problem. Piss poor parenting is the problem. Why are people having kids who can't afford to feed them??

Why do I need to pay to feed people's kids who are too selfish to put childrens needs ahead of their own?

But to think that trumps ISIS is retarded.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's true that Canada is well respected on the world stage. Our men and women in the armed services represent us very well. It's too bad we are more worried about this than about children in our own country going to school hungry.

Very true but this has nothing to do with our men and women overseas but more to do with our government and parenting obligation's.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Canada is at war?

What is it you think you're paying for when the troops are overseas? My point is that rather than buying bullets and armour and feeding military and supplying and training foreign armies, our tax money should be spent on OUR own problems.

more Canadians have died being struck by lightening than have been killed by terrorists.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more Canadians have died being struck by lightening than have been killed by terrorists.[/QUOTE]

Thats a statistic I like to see

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its anecdotal, about a dozen die from lightening strikes every year. I'm only 40 so i've really only been reading the paper and/or watching the news daily for about 20 years. In that time, to read or hear about a canadian being killed by a terrorist other than military personel on foreign soil has been VERY rare.

more Canadians have died being struck by lightening than have been killed by terrorists.

Thats a statistic I like to see[/QUOTE]

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
and for looking after its vets.....

They have showed great improvements in the look after your vets.....
Thank god for the the lawsuit we won against SISSIP and the goverment...

Paid back the vets the well deserved insurance that we paid for years....

Love my flag and the service I provided to many Canadians..... (No I did not personally serve overseas, but rather encouraged our younger generation to join as i served my time on the Canadian forces Snowbirds team doing diplomatic and recruitment.....
Stay strong and FREE.........cANADIANS MOTO......Be safe to our young troops....

GODS SPEED and KUDOS.......

Yes it is a brother hood.... LOl

My rant for an old timer who still rides sleds..... Lots of times stuck, but that is why I ride with young tough folks.... LOL//

God bless all....

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Canada is at war?

What is it you think you're paying for when the troops are overseas? My point is that rather than buying bullets and armour and feeding military and supplying and training foreign armies, our tax money should be spent on OUR own problems.

Your a little misguided.

Canada, or the world for that matter has not been 'at war' since 1945. There have been some battles no doubt, but not war.

The evil that comes with ISIS has not been seen since the Nazis. If they do not stop them, it is going to be a massive problem for civilized nations.

It is the govt's job to provide protection, in the form of a millitary. It is NOT it's job to look after people's children. That is the job of PARENTS.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought this would happen to this thread.
The OP is thankful for the job out troops are doing and not saying anything about if we should be there or not.
The decision of being there is not one for military personnel to make but one for government and higher ranking official's.
So the OP is grateful of the job these guy's and gal's are doing in a world scene conflict. Right or wrong in your eyes it doesn't mater, Canadian soldier's are there and it's nice to know they are being supported at home even though you might not agree.

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Thought this would happen to this thread.
The OP is thankful for the job out troops are doing and not saying anything about if we should be there or not.
The decision of being there is not one for military personnel to make but one for government and higher ranking official's.
So the OP is grateful of the job these guy's and gal's are doing in a world scene conflict. Right or wrong in your eyes it doesn't mater, Canadian soldier's are there and it's nice to know they are being supported at home even though you might not agree.

Agree.

I did what I was told and only qeustions things I thought were not right....
My job was to be diciplinced and follow orders....

I know what you mean big guy.....

To bad peeps have not educatrd themselves to our job....

Broke broke ,,,,,,, the pay was not good, but the comraderie and beliefs were what kept us around....

Go troops go..... War or peace keeping... Canada does it all...

We are one of the most respected and feared countries...

The team is commited and the governembt is well<<<<<<

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spend a good chunk of the year out of Canada each year each time I return home I am thankful for all we have. Yes we have problems but we have our freedom and the rule of law. No other country on the planet offers it citizens more opportunities and security then Canada. No matter where I travel I am proud to be Canadian, I am proud of our soldiers and their actions now and in the past

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I spend a good chunk of the year out of Canada each year each time I return home I am thankful for all we have. Yes we have problems but we have our freedom and the rule of law. No other country on the planet offers it citizens more opportunities and security then Canada. No matter where I travel I am proud to be Canadian, I am proud of our soldiers and their actions now and in the past

Thank you!

Lots of peeps cant use the simple words///
That goes a long way big guy... Luv your post

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your a little misguided.

Canada, or the world for that matter has not been 'at war' since 1945. There have been some battles no doubt, but not war.

The evil that comes with ISIS has not been seen since the Nazis. If they do not stop them, it is going to be a massive problem for civilized nations.

It is the govt's job to provide protection, in the form of a millitary. It is NOT it's job to look after people's children. That is the job of PARENTS.

Wasn't the Korean war, a war Canada was fighting in?

Top Bottom