Proclimb issues

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey mama its because the cat isnt a dry weight the polaris is i was there for that and shook my head and laughed at them. its not that much difference. the cat has about half a tank of fuel, full of oil and coolant. tahst why :)

Really?? My husband dipped the tanks with Danny when he helped put them on the scale... He says it ain't so.

I'm not calling you, or my husband, a liar, I just want to know the truth. But my sore arms tell me it's more than 25 lbs difference...

I'm going to Polaris!

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres a sled on snow west pro rmk weighed in at 524lbs and our cat weighed in at 555lbs wet for wet. they definty are within 40lbs. not sayign ur husbands lieing either. its just some stuff that happened while we were looking to snow check a sled, some stuff the sales people had said to us turned me right off of their product. i am not brand biased and will go wherever i am treated best and at this point its a cat dealer an hour away :p

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol sno pro :p

I know... Right??? Red-head on a mission!!!

This is what I found on arcticchat. They are saying the Cat feels much heavier bcz of setup/differences in suspension:

"Ready to ride weight (full oil, full gas) is about 565, keep in mind the oil container is stupidly big, looks like it holds about a month worth of oil to me...

The long & short of it though, as this is the comparison that matters...

The cat is about 35 lbs heavier than the pro.

Both are great sleds, the cat (once set up right, NOT how it comes from the factory) feels very similar, but the pro feels lighter obviously.

Assuming you'll do a can and an oil delete on both sleds you're within about 10 lbs, but I feel the pro will still "feel" lighter due to suspension setup, but we're working on suspension mods to fix that on the cat as we speak."

Now, I just gotta adjust a few things to even up the playing field...

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup thats exactly it. holds fricken 4litres of oil or somthing stupid and holds like 6 more litres of coolant than the m series did lol its way over built. but its built for a 4 stroke chassis. but i had no problems riding it :p. i think lower handlebars woldnt be a bad thing either haha. i havent got to try a pro rmk yet but hopefully soon :)
after my dad tried both he said they are both very similar and even the pro rmk guy admitted to the more hp on the cat and that the steering on the cat is lighter and easier to use :)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup thats exactly it. holds fricken 4litres of oil or somthing stupid and holds like 6 more litres of coolant than the m series did lol its way over built. but its built for a 4 stroke chassis. but i had no problems riding it :p. i think lower handlebars woldnt be a bad thing either haha. i havent got to try a pro rmk yet but hopefully soon :)

Don't get me wrong, I like the feel of the new ProClimb, I just feel like it has alot of ski pressure and it is even more pronounced after you ride the Pro... Tinker tinker modify!!

Come out with hubby and I- you can try the Poo... Both are sweet machines ;)

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha i'll hold ya to that lol then i can get backon my 09 dinasaur lol but i didnt thin the ski pressure was to bad but then again my dealer could have set it up different to lol. also very very nice job on the video :)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha i'll hold ya to that lol then i can get backon my 09 dinasaur lol but i didnt thin the ski pressure was to bad but then again my dealer could have set it up different to lol. also very very nice job on the video :)

I LOVE my '09 dinosaur- had her out yesterday! Don't know why, maybe just cause it was my first machine, but that sled rocks. I've had offers on it left and right, but it is setup and tuned perfectly and I just can't bear to let it go!

Ski pressure wise- I am still working on getting the front suspension to the right PSI on the new chassis and I haven't even looked at the limiter straps- I like that cat to walk over the top of everything!! Way easier to steer ;)

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna sound ignorant or anything like that I'm just wondering why these sleds are coming so improperly assembled? it seems from all the posts that there are pieces falling off and not fitting properly air bubbles in the oil lines just wondering whats going on cause cat is usually pretty solid what happened on these new ones?

made in america. enough said!

albertacat

Reaction score
Let me know when you get it Gerald we'll go try it out I just bought a new extra heavy tow strap for my operating truck and I can bring it along.From a Doo guy you know!!!

CatRpillar

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like the feel of the new ProClimb, I just feel like it has alot of ski pressure and it is even more pronounced after you ride the Pro... Tinker tinker modify!!Come out with hubby and I- you can try the Poo... Both are sweet machines ;)
We had four new Pro's and my ProClimb out last week and the verdict we came out with was that the Cat felt lighter mainly because it was steering easier. Bottom line is that it looks like set up is a bigger factor between the two sleds than any actual difference in weight, as you allude to also. Have to say we have it rough choosing between what are two very good sleds. Lol Btw the Cats power was noticeable in our group but then everybody got to where we wanted at the end of the day!

Top Bottom