pro rmk cutting out problem

ram rod

Reaction score
runs good most of the time but you grab some gas to get up and go and then the engin will cut out but you let off and gas it aging and it acks like normal not sure what it is anyone elce having thise problems ????? please help thanks

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most likely the throttle safety switch, faulty switch or ice build up in behind the pin or even just improper adjustment of throttle free play. Any of them would make the engine think the throttle is stuck open and kill the engine.

ram rod

Reaction score
Most likely the throttle safety switch, faulty switch or ice build up in behind the pin or even just improper adjustment of throttle free play. Any of them would make the engine think the throttle is stuck open and kill the engine.

i un pluged it all together and it still dose it i thought the same thing i am going to try changing the fule plug hope i figer it out soon

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because the new system works with the tps and the switch in the bars it may not help to disconnect it, you may just need to adjust your throttle free play. That is easy to do but don't make it too tight, you need a little. If there is too much it thinks the throttle is frozen and kills the motor. Also if you don't keep it in a heated shop you could have ice in the switch behind the pin on your thumb flipper.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i un pluged it all together and it still dose it i thought the same thing i am going to try changing the fule plug hope i figer it out soon
replace the switch. been there, done that. changed the throttle safety switch and presto! no more cutting out!

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many hrs on the machine. They do that at breakin hrs and it goes away. If you have 8 hrs on er then it may be an issue.My new SBA has a momentay drop off and continues as normal randomly. Dealer said this happened with the 2011s too and normally goes away after break in.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm told the rev limiter acts like that, doesn't just stutter like you'd think. Maybe you need a little more weight in the primary to keep the rpm's off the limiter.

Top Bottom