premium??

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the sled I would figure. I run it in my XP, and can tell a difference if it isn't premium.

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends on the sled, i don't see any difference when i run premium in my M8

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the mods, elevation, etc. If your manufacturer states that you can run 87 in stock form your performance will be better. Boost compression, advance timing or with some pipes and you "should" run premuim. For short runs with my mod like drag races I might sometimes run 87 for a little more bang, but I have to watch things closely. At 2250' here in Edmonton and area it seems OK for the short bursts.

Some areas of Swan Hills are at 4000' and I have run 87 all day in my performance sled.

Way things are going with most sled and car manufacturers, it seems we will be running premium in everything sooner or later.

I too like the Shell V-Power, from a busy location.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Premium fuel = higher octane rating than regular. High compression requires high octane, low compression requires low octane. If you're running a stock engine you only need to burn what the owners manual states. Burning premium when regular is required is wasting your money.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure Doo runs higher compression than a Cat. So a Doo needs 91 and a Cat runs better on 87. Remember higher octane dosent always mean better performance.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Premium fuel = higher octane rating than regular. High compression requires high octane, low compression requires low octane. If you're running a stock engine you only need to burn what the owners manual states. Burning premium when regular is required is wasting your money.

That's the truth.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
todays regular gas is $H!T anyways! I run prem in everything from my lawnmower to my truck! sled gets 100LL I just did a run to kamloops with the truck (454 4x4 ext cab) and just got 19 mpg.......on reg gas Im lucky to get 14 mpg!

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be common knowledge on this site. Premium fuel does not = performance.:nono: Premium fuel actually burns slower (and cleaner) that's why it is the solution for detonation/preignition and higher compression engines. I've run both in my Attank and my Busa and they run noticably stronger on 87. Every once in a while I run a tank of premium to clean'er up, but could probably just use injector cleaner. As far as fuel economy goes...can't say because I quit worrying about that years ago.:d

snow4mydooplz

Reaction score
todays regular gas is $H!T anyways! I run prem in everything from my lawnmower to my truck! sled gets 100LL I just did a run to kamloops with the truck (454 4x4 ext cab) and just got 19 mpg.......on reg gas Im lucky to get 14 mpg!

LOL! thanks :d

Top Bottom