Post pics of your house build

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heys guys i got a pretty general question but maybe some of you will have some insight for me. What would you say is the average per square ft price to build a nice bungalow with unfinished basement and double garage on an acreage about 5 min outside of the west end? I know alotta variables but just tryin to get an idea as we may be lookin at movin there, thx.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Heys guys i got a pretty general question but maybe some of you will have some insight for me. What would you say is the average per square ft price to build a nice bungalow with unfinished basement and double garage on an acreage about 5 min outside of the west end? I know alotta variables but just tryin to get an idea as we may be lookin at movin there, thx.

Yip unfortunately that is a very general question. The range totally depends on the style and finishing...not too sure if the location would be a factor...I'd suspect so.

150 - 200 - 250 - 300? Totally depends on what you want. Try to get some time with a builder...give him/her your budget minus the lot hand have them work backwards. They will ask general style and finishing questions then be able to give you a general ideal of what you can buy with your $$$

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yip unfortunately that is a very general question. The range totally depends on the style and finishing...not too sure if the location would be a factor...I'd suspect so.

150 - 200 - 250 - 300? Totally depends on what you want. Try to get some time with a builder...give him/her your budget minus the lot hand have them work backwards. They will ask general style and finishing questions then be able to give you a general ideal of what you can buy with your $$$

Thx retodd, i know very general just tryin to get some type of idea as we already have the lot and was just kinda wonderin what kinda bank it would take to build a decent house. Any recommendations on reputable builders in the area?

Last edited:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lots of variables.

Depending on the floor plan and roofing, a basic build with vinyl siding, shingles and carpet and vinyl floors will run you in the $175 to $200 for a builder depending on the location. Add utilities, septic and well or cistern and you will be well over $200.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i'd have to agree a bottom price $175 sounds about right to get a builder in. But if you go crazy with upgrades like stucco, granite, hardwood, all that jazz you could easily be up to $300.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a possesion date of December 23rd.

Hope they don't change it again......
I will have e mail Santa my new address...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for all your cabinet needs check out Decor cabinets online

Just don't go to granite direct! Cabinets were ordered in may I think it was, and still waiting.....Was suppose to be 3 months wait. Atleast the good part is, there will be a very hefty discount.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roofers should be done tomorrow.

Nov-27-Garage.jpg

Nov-27-Back-walkout.jpg

Nov-27-Looking-East.jpg

Front Door

Nov-27-Front-Door.jpg

Kitchen

Nov-27-Kitchen.jpg

Dining Room

Nov-27-Dining-Room.jpg

Stairwell

Nov-27-Stairwell.jpg

Mud Room

Nov-27-Mud-Room.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Uturn, is that being built by Homexx, or just a custom builder?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few pictures today.
They built the proper island now.
Fireplace
A place to sit and put your shoes on in the entry.

Attachments

• photo (998.JPG
    photo (998.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 279
  • photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 267

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great arff, they might have to pick up the pace to get you in before Santa shows.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a question for you guys building right now, or anyone really. I am deadlocked between buying two houses right now and just can't decide.

One house has a bigger garage 20x24 (huge huge plus for me), and a massive master bedroom and overall about 100 sq/ft bigger then other house. But the one crappy part is there isn't a single window in the kitchen and it is super super dark and closed in. Smaller backyard that backs onto busier street. Also has back fence already in, not a big deal but it really seems like this house has more value in it with bigger garage, bigger house, etc.

The other house is really open, but 20x20 garage. But kitchens a lot brighter. Backs onto houses and really quiet crescent. House is $3,400 more but it's so minor in the overall value so doesn't make much difference to me.

Me being single I don't care that much about the kitchen, but i've got to look down the road eventually selling, etc and later on I might care. How big of deal is a dark kitchen? It's a brand new house, and there is heating or plumbing pipes in the wall so no chance of taking it out to get light in.

Both houses I can't make any changes to since they are specs and one is completely finished so no difference there.

O and if anyone has any experience with Sterling Homes, or MacLachlan and Mitchell Homes i'd be interested to know.

Going to look at both again tomorrow to try and help the decision. But some input would be good :beer:

Last edited:

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a question for you guys building right now, or anyone really. I am deadlocked between buying two houses right now and just can't decide.

One house has a bigger garage 20x24 (huge huge plus for me), and a massive master bedroom and overall about 100 sq/ft bigger then other house. But the one crappy part is there isn't a single window in the kitchen and it is super super dark and closed in. Smaller backyard that backs onto busier street. Also has back fence already in, not a big deal but it really seems like this house has more value in it with bigger garage, bigger house, etc.

The other house is really open, but 20x20 garage. But kitchens a lot brighter. Backs onto houses and really quiet crescent. House is $3,400 more but it's so minor in the overall value so doesn't make much difference to me.

Me being single I don't care that much about the kitchen, but i've got to look down the road eventually selling, etc and later on I might care. How big of deal is a dark kitchen? It's a brand new house, and there is heating or plumbing pipes in the wall so no chance of taking it out to get light in.

Both houses I can't make any changes to since they are specs and one is completely finished so no difference there.

O and if anyone has any experience with Sterling Homes, or MacLachlan and Mitchell Homes i'd be interested to know.

Going to look at both again tomorrow to try and help the decision. But some input would be good :beer:

i would stay away from the dark kitchen. if you are planning on selling in future, as a lady that would be looking at the home the dark kitchen would be a major downfall. kitchen, bath, and masterbedroom are the huge selling points for ladies, does it have a mainfloor laundry, as that is another plus

i thought you were building?

Top Bottom