Playing With Fire

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else read this book, wow just got it for xmas and have read maybe a 1/3 of it in the last 2 days...what a great book. Old Theo Fleury lived a very interesting life, a lot of ups and downs. To bad they never kept him on for this season after the great preseason he had. So if you have the book and read it what did you think?

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also got it for Christmas but haven't had a chance to read it. By the sounds of it, I might just have to make time!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah you don't need to be a Flames Fan, a Fleury Fan, or even a hockey fan to enjoy this book/story of this guys life!..

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinkin of downloading it from ibooks now. Worth it by the sounds of it.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt know you could do that i guess i wasted 20 bucks

U still gotta pay, this is apple we re talkin about. But it is cheaper, like 10-12 bucks i think. Im sure u could hunt it down somewhere online for free tho.

JBDoo

Reaction score
I bought it for my dad for Christmas, and when he finished it he gave it to me to read. I'm about half way through it. It's pretty interesting, I feel bad for the guy going through all the stuff he did. I wish I would have been in Cow town back in the day, sounds like he would have been fun to party with :)

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought it for my dad for Christmas, and when he finished it he gave it to me to read. I'm about half way through it. It's pretty interesting, I feel bad for the guy going through all the stuff he did. I wish I would have been in Cow town back in the day, sounds like he would have been fun to party with :)

not much fun to drink with he is a egotistical jackars

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not much fun to drink with he is a egotistical jackars

Thats pretty typical with smaller guys, but yeah I know a guy that played a year in Juniors with him and he says the same thing. Thats must likely why he never really drink with team mates.

ShortHairGeek

Reaction score
Boo-Hoo poor THEO. He pissed and snorted it all away. Instead of just thanking the Flames for letting him retire from the NHL with some dignity after he screwed up his career, he rips on them after they cut him. What an arsehole.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boo-Hoo poor THEO. He pissed and snorted it all away. Instead of just thanking the Flames for letting him retire from the NHL with some dignity after he screwed up his career, he rips on them after they cut him. What an arsehole.

tru dat

when i was still working for a ford dealership he came in and sold his mustang thru the dealership and refused to pay the salesman for selling his car figured he owed him one

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there were some definate good and bad parts to the book, allot of i'm this* and that.......but for all those who are down on a guy like Theo, and there are allot of guys out there with the same story, just a different road/ different trade ,lifestyle what have you....... you have to take your hat off to anyone who tells there story even if it isn't exactly the best of the truth......and if it helps someone make a better decision later on at some point then I guess it was worth the read or listen or what have you........I think if everyone were to tell there story we'd all recieve the good and bad comments, thats why most of us don't.

Top Bottom