Picked a fine time to leave me....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rolled past that earlier this year just did rear brake pads and I think i might order up some tougher tire rods mine are starting to get loose.

I have had good luck with mine,we ride a lot and in some tough stuff also..

Our rzr never needs repair and goes the same places as the quad...

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well quadboy Look and your avatar pic and ask your self is this a race quad or a utility machine i think you asking to much of the quad. HP + Heavy thumb = broken chit, i learned that the hard why when i got my first sportsman 500 and broke something every weekend out got expensive really fast.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driver??????

I've just about ruled that one out, my Foreman500 took a chit kicking and hadn't seen the shop since I bought it. And I even hydro Locked it.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well quadboy Look and your avatar pic and ask your self is this a race quad or a utility machine i think you asking to much of the quad. HP + Heavy thumb = broken chit, i learned that the hard why when i got my first sportsman 500 and broke something every weekend out got expensive really fast.

I might be asking too much of the quad, I sure hope I'm not. Might need to keep an eye out on Kijiji for a gade.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I despise canam so i think that's a poor decision.

I don't mind them. They where y second choice, and a non-lockup torque converter style diff is harder to blow than the one in my xp.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just put the aluminum cage in it and not worry bout it any more, than you have a real 4x4 system at least. Better yet if you still have your stock rims and tires put them back on take it to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty, and get them to put the aluminum cage in it. A good dealer will do that.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a renegade you'll love it, i have a feeling once i put the clutch kit in my X MR it'll handle just like my rene did and i'll be cat walking and hitting jumps just like i used to on my rene :)

stealth500

Reaction score
ive never had a prob with my 10 850 with 31s other than axles which are all my fault and mine has been through hell

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know, if you watch any decent vids out there, like the H bomb film ones, you can see many utility quads doing the same thing as the 450 2 wheel racers do on a mx track... have a look at the HUEVOS vids... some of the sickest vids out there and you will see 4 x 4 's flying like birds on the mx tracks.. along with a renegade that does a 101 ft jump without a problem.. check out Huevos 9,10 and 11. awesome!

you just have to mod for that type of riding. Even if you look at the Mountains and Mud vids, 4 and 5, you can see the rath that most bikes can lay down, especially Seth Russell and the I45 race team on there hams.

Out of the whole vid, Seth Russell's segment shows you what impressive riding is, if your mud oriented..

if you have not seen these vids, then do yourself a favor and watch. :)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No deals on a Can-Am have showed up that I could afford if I sold my XP, but seeing a Grizz jump on a MX track makes it seem a tad reliable, and the fact that my buddy's got one with no problems yet and 2K kms on it.... And I can get a good deal on one... I might just go that route.. I also saw the 700 at Riverside with the big bore kit and 'Laws... It looks BOSS!!!

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know, if you watch any decent vids out there, like the H bomb film ones, you can see many utility quads doing the same thing as the 450 2 wheel racers do on a mx track... have a look at the HUEVOS vids... some of the sickest vids out there and you will see 4 x 4 's flying like birds on the mx tracks.. along with a renegade that does a 101 ft jump without a problem.. check out Huevos 9,10 and 11. awesome!

you just have to mod for that type of riding. Even if you look at the Mountains and Mud vids, 4 and 5, you can see the rath that most bikes can lay down, especially Seth Russell and the I45 race team on there hams.

Out of the whole vid, Seth Russell's segment shows you what impressive riding is, if your mud oriented..

if you have not seen these vids, then do yourself a favor and watch. :)

Mountains and Mud 5 is my personal favorite it is awesome!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a renegade you'll love it, i have a feeling once i put the clutch kit in my X MR it'll handle just like my rene did and i'll be cat walking and hitting jumps just like i used to on my rene :)

How will a xmr HANDLE like a gade with a clutch kit.....lol . It wieghs almost a 1000 lbs has a longer wheelbase,diffrent suspension and is geared lower......I can`t believe how many people bought the xmr that should of bought the xxc....:confused:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No deals on a Can-Am have showed up that I could afford if I sold my XP, but seeing a Grizz jump on a MX track makes it seem a tad reliable, and the fact that my buddy's got one with no problems yet and 2K kms on it.... And I can get a good deal on one... I might just go that route.. I also saw the 700 at Riverside with the big bore kit and 'Laws... It looks BOSS!!!

It's still a single cylinder though. Once you ride the twin you will never be able to go back, whether it's can-am, kawi, Arctic crap, or even the XP, nothing will match up to the power delivery.

Mine hit 2250 this weekend and still hasn't had a major

The 2012 Brutes look amazing, except for the ugly headlights. Then again if the looks of your machine are your biggest concern you are in the wrong sport.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's still a single cylinder though. Once you ride the twin you will never be able to go back, whether it's can-am, kawi, Arctic crap, or even the XP, nothing will match up to the power delivery.

Mine hit 2250 this weekend and still hasn't had a major

The 2012 Brutes look amazing, except for the ugly headlights. Then again if the looks of your machine are your biggest concern you are in the wrong sport.

We'll see, I'm sure you can find some hidden spunk in a grizz. It's not mellow either, my buddy's 660 is punched out and goes like a snot rocket.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll see, I'm sure you can find some hidden spunk in a grizz. It's not mellow either, my buddy's 660 is punched out and goes like a snot rocket.

That's the thing though. If you drop the BBK in a V-twin it will eat a grizzly alive. The single cylinder machines are out dated IMO

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the thing though. If you drop the BBK in a V-twin it will eat a grizzly alive. The single cylinder machines are out dated IMO

They still produce great torque from a longer stroke. Might not be the fastest around but it works.

Top Bottom