Picked a fine time to leave me....

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blew my front diff coming out of a mud hole on my 2011 XP. Heard a loud crunch and that was about it. Ever since then, no more 4 wheel drive. Would this be a very costly fix or should it all be covered by warranty?

Thanks for any help, my quads been nothing but a big cost and I'm running out of D'oh until I'm out of school.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all depends what broke.

True enough I guess, Diff housing is all in one piece, but its only the back tires that spin now... Could be anyones guess without opening it. What would be the first thing to usually go in the Polaris diff?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
front dif cage it sounds like. you can go with warranty but with the way you drive your quad I would skip it and go with an alluminum cage.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
front dif cage it sounds like. you can go with warranty but with the way you drive your quad I would skip it and go with an alluminum cage.

Thanks, where can I get the aluminum one, and how much does it cost?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depending on dealer. and what you roll for tires when you show up at their door step you may get warranted.

if you roll in there with 30" tires they are going to laugh at you just saying.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've had some chitty luck with this XP eh? The dealers should cover it, unless you are running bigger tires, then they might try screw you over.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got 28" zillas, but they are light and not the most aggressive. I'll get it fixed by the dealer if it's under warranty then get the metal piece and put it in myself. The reason being, incase I broke anything else.

Byronkentgrahm: I think I may just end up selling this after all is said and done and get myself a used brute or something that works :p

Sent from my white iPhone 4

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you blew up the cv joints.

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 390

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got 28" zillas, but they are light and not the most aggressive. I'll get it fixed by the dealer if it's under warranty then get the metal piece and put it in myself. The reason being, incase I broke anything else.

Byronkentgrahm: I think I may just end up selling this after all is said and done and get myself a used brute or something that works :p

Sent from my white iPhone 4

Untill you learn some throttle control ,i would avoid the brute.....You will just blow the diff on it too...and it won`t be just a cage at 150$.....lol

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats possible as well. I think most of the problem is that you went from a sport quad to a utility quad and are still trying to drive it like a sport quad. Just like your avatar pic. The bike is not designed to be riden like that and it doesn't matter what brand you buy stuff is going to continue to break until you drive it like its designed.

Last edited:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats possible as well. I think most of the problem is that you went from a sport quad to a utility quad and are still trying to drive it like a sport quad. Just like your avatar pic. The bike is not designed to be riden like that and it doesn't matter what brand you buy stuff is going to continue to break until you drive it like its designed.

True enough, I will agree with you there, I do ride it like I rode my YFZ.

Untill you learn some throttle control ,i would avoid the brute.....You will just blow the diff on it too...and it won`t be just a cage at 150$.....lol

Yeah, I was mostly making a joke out of it. I know I ride it hard, I just thought they where a tad more durable.

Maybe you blew up the cv joints.

I doubt I did both at the same time, but its worth a check. I got a crane in my shop I'll lift it up and see if the wheels are trying to turn or if my diff is actually shot.

I know when I did the mud test today it was just my back tires doing all the work.

Top Bottom