penticton sledding

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sledded or heard of sledding around the Penticton area? A friend was telling me there was suppose to be a few areas to ride. I find it hard to believe seening as the whole southern area is nearly a desert.

rapptorracing

Reaction score
You can access Little White Mtn from there, its got some fun climbing and tree riding. and people ride around Apex ski hill but I never sled there. there is a few spots

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone sledded or heard of sledding around the Penticton area? A friend was telling me there was suppose to be a few areas to ride. I find it hard to believe seening as the whole southern area is nearly a desert.

I have ridden around Apex Mountain but it is a little boring, there are a few play areas but you can eat it all up in a day. If you go to Keremeos there is a place called Flat top that mostly locals go to and it is about an hours drive from Penticton. The riding there is pretty good, a mixture of meadows and some steep. They used to have a snowmobile club so you could probably call them and learn more. The only problem with this area is the sledding never really starts until after Christmas hope this helps.
If you are going anytime soon check the highway report, last I heard they had the highway between Summerland and Peachland closed due to the prospect of a huge slide. The detour takes an extra hour.

ekwelding

Reaction score
if your looking for flat top mountain(i went sledding there one time last year) drive to keremeos then drive towards princeton and look for cathedral lakes lodge sign(lhs). its not too far out of keremeos less than 5 km. you should cross over a red bridge right away. that road turns into the ashonola river road. if there logging up there you should be able to make it to 46km unload and go straight. on top it tends to get wind blown pretty good, but a great place to spend a day.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were planning on being in penticton between christmas and new years, but if the snow is no good I don`t think I want to go.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yea theres area lots of good ones too if you want some more info pm me

and i can show you around

Zipp

Reaction score
Check out this: There are maps on this site with areas close to Penticton. I've been to the Greystokes area in April, and it was fantastic! Locals are cool too. I highly recommend it.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea theres area lots of good ones too if you want some more info pm me

and i can show you around
I`ll pm you alittle later when we all figure out what we are doing. If the snow is no good until after the new year then we may pass on that trip.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`ll pm you alittle later when we all figure out what we are doing. If the snow is no good until after the new year then we may pass on that trip.

yea the hills are getting it and if you do come and want to hit a good area 1 hr away from here called whipsaw in princeton but ride i had last winter first ones in there last ones out.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea the hills are getting it and if you do come and want to hit a good area 1 hr away from here called whipsaw in princeton but ride i had last winter first ones in there last ones out.
We never come down the hill with fuel in our tanks, so we maybe up for that trip.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright i found some pics of whipsaw area in princeton

Attachments

• Whipsaw1.jpg
    Whipsaw1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 48
  • whipsaw2.jpg
    whipsaw2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 46
  • whipsaw3.jpg
    whipsaw3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 34
  • whipsaw4.jpg
    whipsaw4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 37
  • whipsaw5.jpg
    whipsaw5.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 44
  • whipsaw6.jpg
    whipsaw6.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 44
  • whipsaw7.jpg
    whipsaw7.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 43

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Hillclimber, you just made me drool all over myself! Is that the normal conditions around Pentiction?

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Hillclimber, you just made me drool all over myself! Is that the normal conditions around Pentiction?

some what depends where you go that area is about 1.5hr away from penticton there is many in this area. that are alike if you want more info pm me.

Top Bottom