Patrols

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
What type of cop are you, meaning RC, SRD???

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Municipal employed by a City or Town.

So like a County Mounty? The reason I'm asking, if you are on the site a lot. I'm sure that you will get asked a lot of questions, and clearification would helps us understand where your coming from?
I have family in CPD and a few friends that are RC's and EPD, but I don't like bombarrding them with questions that come up here.

OHV COP

Reaction score
So like a County Mounty? The reason I'm asking, if you are on the site a lot. I'm sure that you will get asked a lot of questions, and clearification would helps us understand where your coming from?
I have family in CPD and a few friends that are RC's and EPD, but I don't like bombarrding them with questions that come up here.

That is what I am here for. I will monitor the post regularly and try to provide answers to whatever questions are brought forward. This is just one way of opening up the lines of communication. I hope this stays civil with not to many "war stories". I will respond to questions and inquires. I will not respond to abuse or negativity. I am just like the rest of you I enjoy riding my OHV's year round.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your posting in the Ft Sask Snow Angels....does this mean your an enforcement officer within the Strathcona County?

OHV COP

Reaction score
Your posting in the Ft Sask Snow Angels....does this mean your an enforcement officer within the Strathcona County?

No, and because this is not my employers account I cannot use my employers name as it does not reflect on them. I can however tell you my powers come from the Prov of AB Solicitor General. I chose to post in this part of the forum because after a quick search it seems there is a lot of tension between Starthcona Law Enforcement and the OHV riders out there.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a look through this thread https://www.snowandmud.com/just-about-anything-goes-76/strathcona-county-twitter-77771.html

The question not answered " why do other County's allow riding to and from area's or to and from farm's in ditch's?

As a family we used to ride over for breakfast or Dinner to South Cooking lake. But cant any more without risk of more tickets.....Yet I can go to Leduc County, Parkland and Beaver County and it's over looked as long as your being a respectful rider!!!!!

Reactions: RXN

OHV COP

Reaction score
Have a look through this thread https://www.snowandmud.com/just-about-anything-goes-76/strathcona-county-twitter-77771.html

The question not answered " why do other County's allow riding to and from area's or to and from farm's in ditch's?

As a family we used to ride over for breakfast or Dinner to South Cooking lake. But cant any more without risk of more tickets.....Yet I can go to Leduc County, Parkland and Beaver County and it's over looked as long as your being a respectful rider!!!!!

I will go have a look!! Thanks!

OHV COP

Reaction score
Have a look through this thread https://www.snowandmud.com/just-about-anything-goes-76/strathcona-county-twitter-77771.htmlThe question not answered " why do other County's allow riding to and from area's or to and from farm's in ditch's? As a family we used to ride over for breakfast or Dinner to South Cooking lake. But cant any more without risk of more tickets.....Yet I can go to Leduc County, Parkland and Beaver County and it's over looked as long as your being a respectful rider!!!!!
I see it was you who posted the question. My answer is as follows:Starthcona County’s tight restriction on OHV’s stems from the general publics complaints to council. The laws were then created to go with the majority. I will give you an example, if a specific neighbourhood/playground/school zone receives many complaints of speeding vehicles, the county may place speed bumps, targeted enforcement or new speed limit signs. The point is these bylaws were not drafted or pulled from mid air. They were generated from complaints and the public demanded something be done about it. Like a few posts above this one if you want change start lobbying your council and change will happen. I know when I read this forum many people are left with a bad taste about Starthcona. You do have to remember everyone on here is pro OHV. There are many residents out there who are anti OHV and it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Also for all of us responsible OHV riders riding in the ditch or on county land is not a big deal. Unfortunately many riders out there are not and they wreck it for everyone.

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I follow your explanation, but disagree with one thing, I have a hard time beliving that the majority of "Rual" residents would or have a probblem with riding in the rual area's respectfully.
I beleive as the bulk of the population are not rual we the rual residents loose are voice in council. This was tested with the garbage disaster a few years back, and some of the current issues with tax base changes to equestrian falcilities.
The County has grown but having been out here for 15 years ( newbie compared to some) I have conversations with people all over the rual area and have only found 1 family that was against it and it stemed from some idiot that entered thier drive way and turned around and thier front lawn. I tracked down who it was and discovered he was a neighbors friend that had lost a dog and was out looking. He went back and appoligied.
I have approced the Conunty and they just refered me to law enforcement as per the other thread. I have even sent e-mails to my councilman and and other area council woman has she seems to be a good listener......my councilman refered me to law enforcment and I havent heard back from the other.....

I dont belive our council can be effective re the rual populations wants and needs, under the current structure.

OHV COP

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I follow your explanation, but disagree with one thing, I have a hard time beliving that the majority of "Rual" residents would or have a probblem with riding in the rual area's respectfully.
I beleive as the bulk of the population are not rual we the rual residents loose are voice in council. This was tested with the garbage disaster a few years back, and some of the current issues with tax base changes to equestrian falcilities.
The County has grown but having been out here for 15 years ( newbie compared to some) I have conversations with people all over the rual area and have only found 1 family that was against it and it stemed from some idiot that entered thier drive way and turned around and thier front lawn. I tracked down who it was and discovered he was a neighbors friend that had lost a dog and was out looking. He went back and appoligied.
I have approced the Conunty and they just refered me to law enforcement as per the other thread. I have even sent e-mails to my councilman and and other area council woman has she seems to be a good listener......my councilman refered me to law enforcment and I havent heard back from the other.....

I dont belive our council can be effective re the rual populations wants and needs, under the current structure.

I will get in touch with the Strathcona County and get back to you on the numbers of complaints from the public. Then we will both have a better understanding of why these laws were put into effect or if change is needed. I will advocate to get some firm answers. Leave it with me for a few days!! I know a few people who work there.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One other point of yours re "Unfortunately many riders out there are not and they wreck it for everyone."

This is very true and if you read through a few other threads that same issue shows up in a number of area's....

Dont have the answer to how to win them over from the dark side, but they are the same people that continue to litter and create problems for the OVH population everywhere.....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One other point of yours re "Unfortunately many riders out there are not and they wreck it for everyone."

This is very true and if you read through a few other threads that same issue shows up in a number of area's....

Dont have the answer to how to win them over from the dark side, but they are the same people that continue to litter and create problems for the OVH population everywhere.....

I think it stems from a few councillors who are anti-sledding and have been successful in creating a no-fun-zone. We all need to start voicing our opinion to our elected officials. Like someone posted, election year coming, start asking questions to the people running for office. If enough people in Strathcona County speak up and make it election issue, you may get the right people in who will assist in making changes

Top Bottom