TKI drive shaft fix kit

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely the biggest waste of money and time ever. About as important as having a big screen

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Likely the biggest waste of money and time ever. About as important as having a big screen
nah, that title goes to cans and retrofitting to a belt drive.
regarding the tki thing, no one can say that the wobble which is a fact, is not contributing to chain case failures. for 100 or so bucks and a half hour of time, it's a no-brainer.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nah, that title goes to cans and retrofitting to a belt drive.
regarding the tki thing, no one can say that the wobble which is a fact, is not contributing to chain case failures. for 100 or so bucks and a half hour of time, it's a no-brainer.

how rigid do you think a drive system should be when the chassis itself flexes? remember these aren't teslas. These machines get totally abused.

there is engineering that has gone into that drive system that is far beyond anyone in here's comprehension. Just get the Sprocket update since its free and all is well

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put all my own hyvo stuff in at the beginning of last season after i found out about the issue. that some pretty smart people designed the drive system, i'm sure of. i'm equally sure that recalls for design shortcomings happen all the time.
i try and do all i can to mitigate the chances of towing someone out.. the biggest contributor to that though is our standing rule of no more that one polaris in the riding group.

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the TKI guy made some cash last year. BRP recalls are cutting into his revenue so he released another video claiming there are still issues. Haven't seen a failed driveshaft yet. Out here we just ride em but I think in the city lots of guys have too much time on their hands in the garage looking for something to do to their sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the TKI guy made some cash last year. BRP recalls are cutting into his revenue so he released another video claiming there are still issues. Haven't seen a failed driveshaft yet. Out here we just ride em but I think in the city lots of guys have too much time on their hands in the garage looking for something to do to their sled.

nailed it bert. dont have to do much to these new sleds so guys are just itching to throw parts at them rather than just riding them lol

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be for many but i typically don't put parts on just because. i'm a long way from installing a can and the obligatory monster stickers.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Want some pics of broken driveshafts? I think I still have them. The only thing holding the shaft in the coupler is a small aluminum rod in the front suspension, I seen a broken one of those that took out a chaincase. To each their own, cheap insurance to make the two piece shaft into a one piece. And we all know there was no issues in the past with the one piece driveshaft and 200hp turbos running the NA chain that was in the G5 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show the pics of the drive shafts broken and the small aluminum rod you talk about.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cdd185086b8acda31a8090560a9b77c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom