Parti Quebecois FTW!

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
as se horny beaver would say (aliens) ..... "nuke em!!! it's the only way to be sure!"

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in Trois Rivieres for two years and I believe after spending this time that the views of Parti Québécois are not representative of the majority. Unfortunately, the majority doesn't vote as strongly as the stronger political groups. As English "exchange" students we were welcomed with open arms and treated with enthusiasm and respect everywhere we went. My time in Quebec was so awesome that when it was time to go home, I took a job as an aerobics instructor and continued studying at the CEGEP.

Quebec is a gorgeous province, steeped in history and culture. They are a people who, unlike most other Canadian provinces, embrace and showcase their history and preserve it as sacred. It's hard to describe, but the Québécois have a sparkle and enthusiasm and sense of humor that exists independent of their economy or social class. I believe that this is something we often lack in our Western go-go-go, bigger-better-richer lifestyles.

While I think the politics of the Parti Québécois suck azz and the handholding that we do politically and economically is retarded, it would be very sad to lose this vital part of our country and history.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not have a problem with French speaking people.

I do have a problem with the special privileges given to the province. I don't like the fact that they hold Canada at ransom. Give us this and that or we will separate......let them go and see how the ship floats.

I'd like to see the issue go away but allowing them to seperate will inevitably weaken the Country, especially in the short term. In addition to being sick and tired of the anonymity between French and English, foreign investors view seperatism as a source of economic risk. ...so in addition to being extremely anooying (to me), it is affecting our economic stability.

I also have a problem wiht he fact that Canada is supposed to be bilingual but many communities in Quebec outright reject English - it would be nice if we had the same option out West. I have an anglophone friend that was born and raised in Quebec who left the province becuase his family was treated as second class citizens for not speaking French. At one point in the 80's, his father was practically refused treatment in the hospital becuase he couldn't speak French and no one was willing to speak English to him. ...and that was in Montreal which I beleive is considerably more pregressive when it comes to speaking English than are many other Quebec communities.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in Trois Rivieres for two years and I believe after spending this time that the views of Parti Québécois are not representative of the majority. Unfortunately, the majority doesn't vote as strongly as the stronger political groups. As English "exchange" students we were welcomed with open arms and treated with enthusiasm and respect everywhere we went. My time in Quebec was so awesome that when it was time to go home, I took a job as an aerobics instructor and continued studying at the CEGEP.

Quebec is a gorgeous province, steeped in history and culture. They are a people who, unlike most other Canadian provinces, embrace and showcase their history and preserve it as sacred. It's hard to describe, but the Québécois have a sparkle and enthusiasm and sense of humor that exists independent of their economy or social class. I believe that this is something we often lack in our Western go-go-go, bigger-better-richer lifestyles.

While I think the politics of the Parti Québécois suck azz and the handholding that we do politically and economically is retarded, it would be very sad to lose this vital part of our country and history.

It's funny how people have a different perspective on the Quebecois. I've spent enough time in Quebec (wife and family are anglophones from Quebec) to have formulated my own opinion and these words come to mind: Ignorant, Arrogant, Whinny bass-turds....enough said.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
and then the rest of Canada can keep our transfer payments to Quebec............ billions, upon billions to them......... I think the rest of Canada could use a few billion, rather than shipping it off to Quebec

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and what's the problem with Honourable Mr. Harper? He's the best Prime Minister in decades and you want to send him on an iceberg?

What are you missing Willy?

It's Willy. No one has ever accused him of being smart.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imo Nothing is going to change, right now there is less politicians from Quebec in parliament right now than ever, so the flexing of the separatists muscle isn't going to be as strong as it once was, and it never really was that strong if yah ask me, I'm not going to go there on here explaining it.
Now if Ottawa would look into cutting the equalization payments to that province because quebec does not share there hydro revenue with Canada, maybe they just might realize how much they rely on the provinces on the east and west of them.
I spent alot of time in Quebec when I was younger, Montreal is awsome city, quebec city is a different story altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
Willy is your stereotypical BC citizen smoking pot, looking for a hand out full of nothing but contempt for anyone that believes that hard work pays off bouncing from one social program to the next (Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of top notch bc residents too) Of course he hates Albertans. It's funny how he complains about Alberta drivers all the time. Having reviewed driving records and fit for duty testing for a living while I was an hr manager, I noticed that the drivers from BC all had been involved in being rear ended numerous times. A long running joke was that the folks from BC all made a good living off of whiplash claims. The funny thing that I noticed while I lived in BC were all the people complaining about icbc were always looking for their next icbc payout on a whiplash claim. It's a total joke.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Willy `s play time is pretty well over as most people either have him on the ignore list or just don`t answer him.............
He will soon dry up and blow away............

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Willy `s play time is pretty well over as most people either have him on the ignore list or just don`t answer him.............

2241880614.jpg

Makes this site so much more enjoyable.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The odd retard helps keep things interesting...

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and then the rest of Canada can keep our transfer payments to Quebec............ billions, upon billions to them......... I think the rest of Canada could use a few billion, rather than shipping it off to Quebec

And we can start using that money by fixing the ridiculous heaved highways we drive on. Richest province in Canada and you can't haul an RV down highway 43 without breaking something. Anybody ever drove on the highways in Quebec? I can tell you they used those billions we gave them making their roads smooth as glass. Just a side note: Quebec gets the lions share of transfer payments because Pierre Trudeau entrenched that in the Constitution in 1982 and it would be next to impossible for any government to change that. Also did you know Justin Trudeau is poised to enter the political arena for the 2015 election as the new leader of the Liebril party which means he could someday become PM. Are you all ready for some more Trudeau mania?

Last edited:
Top Bottom