Expedition 2023 900 Ace

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dumped chain case oil and looking to understand amount needed to fill. BRP manual is near useless but many mention just a 355ml bottle or just fill to tell tail hole. Well 355ml bottle gets no where near tell tail hole. So far added close to 1 ltr. A bit frustrating!
Is it 355ml or keep filling to tell tail hole and if so how much oil does the chain case actually hold?
Thanks,

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a quick google took me to this Dootalk thread, not sure if it will answer your question though.

Thanks, TG!
Filled it to tell tail and it took just short of the 1 ltr. bottle. Correct amount or not who knows!
One would think it would make sense to have lube quantities required for particle models noted in the manual, but what do I know! 🤦‍♂️

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The chain doesn't really care how much lube is in the chain case. As long as there's enough to keep oil on the chain then that's enough. Used to know a few doo guys that swore there sled was faster with half the lube in the case, less flinging around in there I guess.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Expedition with high ,low and reverse takes a special gearcase lubricant just to let you know. They want you to take exhaust muffler out to check and fill.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Expedition with high ,low and reverse takes a special gearcase lubricant just to let you know. They want you to take exhaust muffler out to check and fill.
Just change gear oil in mine. 75W140 Severe synthetic gear lube and removal of the muffler isn’t necessary doesn’t simplify the process.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use the Doo Synchromesh Transmission Syntenic Oil. Thats the recommend type of oil. Changed it 2 times now. I have 6000+ KM pulling a grooming drag for snowmobile trails. Would be cheaper to use your Oil.

Top Bottom