Outfitting a NEW Garage- IDEAS

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget outlets on the outside. Never looked when I bought my house, but between it and the garage there's only 2 outdoor outlets, which means ridiculously long cords are needed to plug in in the winter.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget outlets on the outside. Never looked when I bought my house, but between it and the garage there's only 2 outdoor outlets, which means ridiculously long cords are needed to plug in in the winter.

Same goes for air QD. :thumb:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished my shop (25x30) and did put a floor drain in the middle of the shop and one outside the door. Wish I had the space for an extra compressor room and "stuff". Unfortunately this was the largest building I could build on the property.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inlaw has a toilet and sink in his, awesome to have that outside the house. Like someone else said, toss in a cheap shower too.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some great ideas
Now to draw them in to the spaces and see if it fits

DAMN height restrictions

Also maxed out on lot size too - always need more room for sh!t

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your restricted to a 12' ceiling I would consider installing a sliding door. Not as convenient as O.H. but you can use the full height of your shop better.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would use metal on the ceiling to reflect light down. Plan a couple of switched lights on the walls where you are working the most for extra light. Wire for a fan in the middle of the garage ceiling. Pre wire for stereo and security system.

Put extra studs behind any wall board you think you may want shelving on.

Sump is a must have for our winters.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

IMHO, that would be water (frost free hose bibs for filling RV's and whatever else needs a hose instead of the portable pressure washer) and GFI receptacles for plugging in RV's. You may at sometime want a 30 amp outside plug-in for guests visiting for their air conditioning (then again maybe not??)

Everything else is pretty much covered. With a vaulted ceiling inside, you may be able to get a higher overhead door to fit. Would have to get a designer to draw it out to see if it would work and still meet height restrictions.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Couple smaller things no thinks about for myself no windows i would opt for skylights instead give more light and keeps prying eyes out and steel jam man doors no one can boot them in when they are locked

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We built this for a customer. He had his man cave upstairs in the corner. A little window dressing can give it a nice look.
I have a few more pics of some shops on my website.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Top Bottom