Any tips for avoiding a wet garage ?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If you don't have a sump you could cut a 12 x 12 hole, dig out some of the dirt so it's at least 3-4 feet deep and then line it so the water won't get soaked into the dirt. When it fill's with water use a submersible pump to pump it out.

This is what I did cause my floor sloped forward toward the house. Cut the floor dug it out then put a 5gal bucket and cemented around it to build it back up then got grating from a scrap steel place and dropped it in so it fits flush to the floor have to bail it out with an ice cream pail every spring if it fill up and freezes I add a bit of water on top of the ice and put an aquarium heater in the water next morning it's thawed

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try and knock off the worst of it then surround the sled with old Hudsons Bay Company blankets to soak up whats left.

mudderbike

Reaction score
Get an old mop and bucket lol if you bang off ice and as much snow as possible, should only take few minutes to mop up. Thats what I do in my parents garage, my garage is not heated lol so I throw a tarp over sled and heater, most the water freezes on floor then gotta be as gentle as possible busting it off and minimizing the damage to the concrete.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run by the car was on your way home. Heated water, clean sleds and clean truck! :)

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man am I ever glad I got heated floors. After a day there's no ice or water to be seen. And working on the sleds or quads is oh so nice when you have warm concrete to sit on.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man am I ever glad I got heated floors. After a day there's no ice or water to be seen. And working on the sleds or quads is oh so nice when you have warm concrete to sit on.

However you need good ventilation or the metal stuff in your shop gets rusty.

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
garage_mat.jpg use this and a shop vac

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dutch drain for me. Saw cut a hole in the centre of the floor and build a grate. Fill it some gravel and just squeegee it in. I'll take a pic tomorrow of mine and post it.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A dehumidifier from Canadian Tire or Sears also helps get rid of the moisture in the air. I use one in my heated garage and it works great but I also have a sump in the middle of the floor.

Top Bottom