Oilfield Coveralls Cleaning in Calgary

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With our coveralls we take them to the laundromat and run them through 3-4 times in a row. Seems to take 4 months worth of manure/grease/oil/blood off them.

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put them in your washing machine with detergent and pour a can of coke in there. Works pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are we talking Fire Retardant or standard coveralls? FR coveralls cannot be washed at home with standard detergent.

krazy c

Reaction score
I wouldn't throw my dirty rig rags in my washing machine at home but also would not want to pay to have them washed!
Take them to a buddys house!:beer:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Ive always done mine at home. And yes you CAN wash FR coveralls with regular soap....what do you think the launders use???

We get 'rig soap' from Acklands in a 5 gallon pail, lasts forever and gets out most oil and grease stains. Normal soap is fine just dont use fabric softner, as most is flammable. Keep that for the kids pajamas lol...

lostintheoilfield

Reaction score
Put them in your washing machine with detergent and pour a can of coke in there. Works pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

Coke is a helluva drug... good for taking bugs off your grill and lights, grease out of your coveralls, boil ribs in it to caramelize them before they go on the bbq (rootbeer is good for this too), and put a shot in your rum to give it a little sweetness. Gotta love coke.

But there is a much better product for purifying you putrid covies. A consultant taught me this when I had to mess around with washing my own covies in a camp once. Find the worst stained or oil/condi saturated parts of your covies and spray the areas heavily with an amazing product called Spray 9. Stuff'll not only cut the oils like nothing else, it kills HIV in case you're nasty on your days off dressing up in your covies and taking a roll with some dirty girls. Or just having to dump on a regular basis in the bloody frac crew overloaded shitters, who knows what number of diseases they smear all over those things. Anyway, just let them sit a minute to soak up the Spray 9 and let it do it's job before you toss them in the washer. You can even use your washer at home since Spray 9 works wonders. Toss in a modest amount of plain, unscented detergent. They'll come out looking and smelling like they just got back from the dry cleaners. I'll swear to it. And if you got any film your worried about in your home washer, just spray the sides lightly with more Spray 9. Let sit for 10 minutes, then put the washer on rinse mode.

I once left my coveralls in a bad storage place, they were dirty as hell already, so thick with pipe dope they could stand up on their own. After fall came, I realized water had been soaking them most of the summer/fall and they were in Baron bags, so they didn't get much air, so they became heavily saturated with mold. A dose of Spray 9 and a round in the washer and they were good as new. Probably cheaper than using Coke too lol since it goes further. There's lots of extra crap in Coke that doesn't help the cleaning either. You want Coke cleaning power without using Coke? Just use some baking soda, citric acid (limes/lemons), and vinegar all mixed up in water. Makes a strong disinfectant, grease cutting, tarnish removing, lemon-scented, bug repellant.

Last edited:

unimog

Reaction score
When I worked in the patch in Canada id get the roughnecks to fill a garbage can with water and soap and throw a steam hose in the can and let em boil for a good hour, then id get em to pressure wash them afterwards.

when I'm home cleaning my wrenching coveralls I just soak em in a pail of palmolive dish soap for a day or so then pressure wash them.

Top Bottom