Official 2017 Arctic Cat Release Thread

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming off an XM I have to say that cat has the most underrated sled on the market. There chassis is solid and real easy to ride and find a balance point, the suspension is great and that 800 Suzuki motor pulls for days! Even without direct injection the m8000's have a solid power plant that's reliable as well. These little refinements each year do add up. I hate to admit it being a Doo guy, but getting seat time on the new cat and axys I really liked the m8000..

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the lose the 3 inch track this year ? Says you can get only 2.25 and 2.6 this year ?
The 3" is available in the spring only Mountain Cat, not available on the Limited models or SnoPro. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not really disappointed in the 2017 M8000, just disappointed they didn't offer a 9000 4S in the mountain platform. I have both an 800 (925) and a turbo 4S that are both heavily modified, so a stock sled doesn't do it for me in the 800 class, and I wanted a builder chassis for my next 4S. By only offering it in the trail sled / crossover market, it effectively took me out of the market for a new sled, and the lack of the SXV 450 snowbike was salt in an open wound... apparently I need to get a life outside of sledding. Had they offered the snow bike or the 4S turbo with narrower boards, dropped shaft & 8 tooth drivers wrapped in the new bodywork, I'd have been all over it like a fat kid on smarties. Maybe next year...

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah well, so I save some money since there is no must haves on the 2017. Guess I will put the 2016 front end on, replace the running boards and maybe the clutch and call it good for next year.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow does arctic cat ever offer a lot of models,I lost track after scrolling down there web page at around 50,I'm going to have to go back and start counting again lol.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not a cat guy, but if i was i would be so disappointed. Heres my bad/ good rundown of 2017 in one word

Skidoo- ugly/ innovative
Polaris- unreliable/ sexy
Yamaha- heavy/ reliable
Cat- overpriced/ grips? lol

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like what they did with the mountain cat but they made a huge mistake in only offering it in green.....

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Epic Fail was a cheap year for cat just had to throw a different sticker on the new 17

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After seeing all the new technology doo came out was hoping the other big players would come out with new stuff. So far a bit of a let down. Thought I read yesterday on the cat site 2017 was the last year for the current engine but can't find it now?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After seeing all the new technology doo came out was hoping the other big players would come out with new stuff. So far a bit of a let down. Thought I read yesterday on the cat site 2017 was the last year for the current engine but can't find it now?

This is from arctic insider;

It’s safe to say that most of us were expecting a new 800 C-TEC2 engine. When Arctic Cat unveiled the new sleds to journalists last month, Snowmobile GM Brad Darling shared with the crew info that a change in vendor for a certain engine component last spring (one year ago), meant that Arctic Cat needed to go through another full season of validation testing of the new-vendor-supplied part.

As it turns out, testing of that part this winter has shown that it meets all validation protocols. But given the timing of when companies have to order production parts to build engines, Cat would have had to commit to the new engine before testing commenced this winter. Which is a gamble company leadership (smartly) didn’t take.

That means one final year with a tried, true and entirely competitive Suzuki 800 engine that will run with anything in its class and is satisfyingly bulletproof.

I fully acknowledge peoples’ disappointment. Hell, I’m disappointed. But I far prefer another year with the Suzuki engine rather than Cat having gone all-in on the new engine without confirming the newly supplied part.

It was a safe, smart decision on the part of the company.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is from arctic insider;

It’s safe to say that most of us were expecting a new 800 C-TEC2 engine. When Arctic Cat unveiled the new sleds to journalists last month, Snowmobile GM Brad Darling shared with the crew info that a change in vendor for a certain engine component last spring (one year ago), meant that Arctic Cat needed to go through another full season of validation testing of the new-vendor-supplied part.

As it turns out, testing of that part this winter has shown that it meets all validation protocols. But given the timing of when companies have to order production parts to build engines, Cat would have had to commit to the new engine before testing commenced this winter. Which is a gamble company leadership (smartly) didn’t take.

That means one final year with a tried, true and entirely competitive Suzuki 800 engine that will run with anything in its class and is satisfyingly bulletproof.

I fully acknowledge peoples’ disappointment. Hell, I’m disappointed. But I far prefer another year with the Suzuki engine rather than Cat having gone all-in on the new engine without confirming the newly supplied part.

It was a safe, smart decision on the part of the company.
Yep think that was it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

togo ripper

Reaction score
My guess is yamaha really needed some sales in the mountain market so cat let them have the 4s turbo this year

powder dreams

Reaction score
I gotta agree with the rest of the cat fans out there. Im rather disappointed. I do like the few upgrades they did do but really i just see a 2016 with a butt ugly wrap on it. I think all the sled really fall short in the looks/colours department this year. but the biggest thing that gets me is the crap running boards. they really need to offer something like the competition. having to buy a $500 set of boards is a kick in the pants.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll buy a cat again. Probably hold out for a deal on a 16. But I gotta say, the Suzi 800 makes 163 hp and the new doo 850 is only 165. I'm willing to sacrifice the 2 hp for the bulletproof Suzi. And I could care less about running boards. Never had an issue stomping the snow out of there. Would much rather take that 500 and put a can on or somaking else for performance. Way to many doo tards out there. I'll take my proclimb anywhere an Xm can get.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am with you on this!!!

I'll buy a cat again. Probably hold out for a deal on a 16. But I gotta say, the Suzi 800 makes 163 hp and the new doo 850 is only 165. I'm willing to sacrifice the 2 hp for the bulletproof Suzi. And I could care less about running boards. Never had an issue stomping the snow out of there. Would much rather take that 500 and put a can on or somaking else for performance. Way to many doo tards out there. I'll take my proclimb anywhere an Xm can get.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what just because the doo's don't that means there all the same ? ....Keep sippin' the doolaide

that's the mental-ity in doo ville....when they excel...only they excel....but when some negative news arises (such as being lied to on engine hp)....we are ALL being lied to....and then...lol....and then, they spin it by saying that at least BRP was big enough to come clean and tell us while the rest of the manufacturers are still lying......the world is slanted when wearing doogles

and like Mikey keeps saying...that's the way we roll on skidoo&mud....lol If truth don't put doo on top, then we'll bend the truth to make it happen.........lol

Cycle Works Red Deer

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
Look what just showed up!!!
b27b10dc37c1be55241e8a49aba21e35.jpg

Who wants to ride it this weekend?

Top Bottom