Official 2017 Arctic Cat Release Thread

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with an MSRP of 16700 for the MC 8000, whats the 9000 version worth?? The website doesn't seem to have it- or at least I can't see it.

Cycle Works Red Deer

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
c342bfe0272bdc42ed95feba8cd3688e.jpg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know you all like me wondering if any changes to the Groomer Special. Still would like to see a 24 inch track on it like the Skandic SWT. That would be the grooming utility sled of choice

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you all like me wondering if any changes to the Groomer Special. Still would like to see a 24 inch track on it like the Skandic SWT. That would be the grooming utility sled of choice
Glen I think that the days of the utility sled groomer are going the way of the DODO bird. Gonna need bigger groomers to keep up with grooming the trails if this snowbike thing catches on.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda interesting the reaction. When skidoo dropped and rolled the xm and created a T3 it was amazing. Cat does it and people are jumping ship. It's crazy what a few little refinements do to a chassis. Opening up the foot wells so you can get your feet 2" further forward and narrowing the body helps side hilling huge! The drop and roll will help free up horse power with snow evacuation and better attack angle. But they missed the ball with pricing. Cat should be the lowest priced with the oldest chassis in the bunch. Would love to build a 174 with the 3.2 with all the extra room.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Kinda interesting the reaction. When skidoo dropped and rolled the xm and created a T3 it was amazing. Cat does it and people are jumping ship. It's crazy what a few little refinements do to a chassis. Opening up the foot wells so you can get your feet 2" further forward and narrowing the body helps side hilling huge! The drop and roll will help free up horse power with snow evacuation and better attack angle. But they missed the ball with pricing. Cat should be the lowest priced with the oldest chassis in the bunch. Would love to build a 174 with the 3.2 with all the extra room.

Nobody is jumping ship because of a drop and roll... For the love of troy it is due for a change though! You know things are getting stale when they have to advertise things like the rubber the new grips are made out of. I like cat! And I like competition! I hope they keep pushing the bar

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They sure are going to loose a bunch of sales to Skidoo and Polaris. Why pay $16500 for a new mountain cat when there 16 limitied is just over $10000.... lol. Maybe next year they will come out with a more competitive sled!!

togo ripper

Reaction score
I don't get why they aren't building better running boards to evacuate snow better like everybody else, how hard can that be like seriously they already have them in the accessory catalog

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody is jumping ship because of a drop and roll... For the love of troy it is due for a change though! You know things are getting stale when they have to advertise things like the rubber the new grips are made out of. I like cat! And I like competition! I hope they keep pushing the bar

Hey......those non plastic grips are 3.7 mm less diameter!!...that's huge!!..........lol................you are 100% right. I think panic set in when they realized that the new engine is not going to be part of the big hoo-rah.....management prob told the marketing group to find something to fill the page!!!

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the lose the 3 inch track this year ? Says you can get only 2.25 and 2.6 this year ?

Top Bottom