Official 2015/2016 Fernie conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Can you still stage with a four place trailer in these areas

As the snow line goes further up the more difficulty you will have. The second parking lot should be okay if you are early and not so good if you are a nooner. Sometimes, the trailer guys just have to ride more dirt to get to the snow line.

Reaction score
Website
www.elkvalleysnowshepherds.com
Spring powder sledding day in Fernie. 20cm fresh snow overnight and still coming down heavy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody riding Sunday Monday and would allow a snowbike to tag along? or other snowbikes going send me a pm.

DoCDoo

Reaction score
Thinking of coming down Sunday for the day. Anyone want/need a tag along? Possibly 2 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoCDoo

Reaction score
Staged at Coal Creek? That behind the cabin?

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staged at coal creek about a km past the first bridge. Left my house at 1:00 pm and the area we rode had only seen three sleds. It was pretty busy in the parking lot yesterday. (lots of trucks) The area we rode was not near the cabin.

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed down there on the 7 and 8 but debating taking off my winter tires back to all seasons think I will be ok for road into coal creek parking lot have 4 by 4. Thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Headed down there on the 7 and 8 but debating taking off my winter tires back to all seasons think I will be ok for road into coal creek parking lot have 4 by 4. Thanks

10 days away..........who really knows. The next 5 days have temps in the double digits. Shouldn't be a problem. The road has a hard base so you should be okay.

polarischik

Reaction score
Thinking about riding this week. Day trip from Calgary. Anything left? Where are ppl staging at for coal creek of morrisey?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure because I live in Elkford but with the recent storms I think I would stop and ride in the crows nest pass unless Fernie got hit as well

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any info in staging at morrissey?
I'm assuming FWA is still running up the road so they would not be too happy with trucks meeting the cat?

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has radio frequency for coal creek and morrisey roads. Are they still hauling now. Thanks

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove through Fernie last night and aside from the water levels still being way down it looked and felt like summer. No snow down low anymore by the looks of things

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom