Official 2015/2016 Fernie conditions

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode yesterday towards elkford. Was about 18 inches. Definitely road riding only at this point
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447037012.673026.jpg

polarischik

Reaction score
Any snow this weekend? Are things ready to go? Gonna head out next weekend and have friends to visit in fernie if the snow is good we are headed that way. Otherwise golden it is! Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any snow this weekend? Are things ready to go? Gonna head out next weekend and have friends to visit in fernie if the snow is good we are headed that way. Otherwise golden it is! Let me know!

With a 38cm base in Castle and a 47cm base in Fernie, I would say no. I do not even look at Fernie until both of those hills have 100cm reported base.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was pouring rain Saturday on my drive thru. Looked like snow up high maybe but any thing that was in or around fernie was gone.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

polarischik

Reaction score
Thinking of heading out this weekend. Saw staging is outta morrisey. Would Harvey be good as well? I have the map but never been up there. Is there room for a 2 deck trailer and where are ppl staging?

chris79

Reaction score
^^^ agree, if your not familiar with that area be very careful high consequences.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A radio is required to travel that road due to logging, if they are still logging. Heard it was going to be done soon. The harv does have some technical terrain and is more of an advanced sled zone.

Thinking of heading out this weekend. Saw staging is outta morrisey. Would Harvey be good as well? I have the map but never been up there. Is there room for a 2 deck trailer and where are ppl staging?

700modd

Reaction score
Anybody know what the conditions are like at rolling hills and if you can ride from the yellow gates ? Or what the conditions are like at atlas?
Thanks

Kerbal

Reaction score
We rode up from Coal Creek yesterday. Had to drive quite a ways up the road before staging. We found some nice riding above the first cabin, though it was slow and stumpy getting to it. The trails are in pretty good condition but not much to ride off trail unless you get to elevation. The "to fernie" trail from cabin 1-2 is not good enough to ride.

There is not enough snow in the rolling hills yet.

My buddy rode atlas the day before and said there was a lot of icy trail to manage before getting to decent trails. ANd not enough to ride off trail.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ski hill is showing some decent fresh snow! lets hope the freezing level stays low so it can be game on this weekend!

Top Bottom