Occational Bog / poor fuel eonomy on my 2012 Assault PRO RMK

m1000db

Reaction score
So last few rides on my 2012 Assault have started to notice that some times when I hit the throttle, the engine bogs down.. let go of the gas and hit it again and it runs perfectly.. Have also noticed that it is using way more fuel than it used to.. is it possible that I have an injector sticking and over fueling continuously then occasionally cannot burn all the fuel so floods out when I hit the throttle? I also have a 2012 pro RMK, which has a few hundred more miles than my Assault has never done any thing but crisp throttle response, and has never missed a beat.. one of those things that is hard to put your finger on because of course runs like a top when I bring it into the dealer... I would appreciate any ideas of what might be wrong. Or any other similar experiences.. / solutions.

96sherm

Reaction score
sounds similar to how my '11 was sounding last sunday before it croaked. My riding buddy, who is more mechanically inclined than I, suspected my clutches needed an overhaul...at the end of the day, my secondary seized up, pretty much confirming his suspicians, but I also tore into my motor and have one pretty nasty looking cylinder/piston on the left side. I'll be re-building everything. I have 3900kms on my sled.

Top Bottom