nytro down falls what r they

powder muncher

Reaction score
Got a supercharged Apex as well and love it, there are many light weight mods available that do not take away from durability like

-lightweight tall seat

-lightweight hood without lights ( you can remove the heavy steel hood/ bumper mounts as well and replace it with 2 small aluminum plates)

- Bike pipe

-Rear drop brackets

- a rear skid

- I do like the 15 inch camo extreme best makes the sled handle much better than 16 wide and outperforms the stock by a lot.

( don't worry about the 1" it has so much more traction you will never miss the 1" and does it ever carve better )

-one thing that improves the frond end is to shorten the stock spindles by 2" it reduces the roll centre and the

lower mechanical advantage of the spindles make the frond end even more Bomb proved.

Al that is around 60 to 70 pounds less depending on what equipment you use without loosing any durability at all.

For tall guys the mountain mod seat and a good set of risers are a must the stock riser is real heavy as well it surprised me.

whiskeythrottle

Reaction score
Got a supercharged Apex as well and love it, there are many light weight mods available that do not take away from durability like

-lightweight tall seat

-lightweight hood without lights ( you can remove the heavy steel hood/ bumper mounts as well and replace it with 2 small aluminum plates)

- Bike pipe

-Rear drop brackets

- a rear skid

- I do like the 15 inch camo extreme best makes the sled handle much better than 16 wide and outperforms the stock by a lot.

( don't worry about the 1" it has so much more traction you will never miss the 1" and does it ever carve better )

-one thing that improves the frond end is to shorten the stock spindles by 2" it reduces the roll centre and the

lower mechanical advantage of the spindles make the frond end even more Bomb proved.

Al that is around 60 to 70 pounds less depending on what equipment you use without loosing any durability at all.

For tall guys the mountain mod seat and a good set of risers are a must the stock riser is real heavy as well it surprised me.

Definately agree with the CE Track, taller, better risers and the mountain mod seat and lightweight exhaust!! Also a set of simmons gen III skis make a world of difference also in the handling of this sled. Did you have to change your drivers to go to a 15 wide track or will it fit the stock drivers and suspension on the apex?

powder muncher

Reaction score
It all works with stock drivers and suspension. After 2 seasons the stock drivers were worn out and I replaced them with Avid drivers .

I used gen 2 skis with great results but have tried the new 8 inch poderhounds they are 12 pounds lighter the simmons and work well.

Do not confuse them with the 7 inch ski it did not work nearly a well.

Last edited:

chevy

Reaction score
Or you can build a nypex a nytro with an apex motor. Haven riden one before and they are sick sleds

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all works with stock drivers and suspension. After 2 seasons the stock drivers were worn out and I replaced them with Avid drivers .

I used gen 2 skis with great results but have tried the new 8 inch poderhounds they are 12 pounds lighter the simmons and work well.

Do not confuse them with the 7 inch ski it did not work nearly a well.

12 lbs....really

powder muncher

Reaction score
YES 12 pounds per ski for the simmons gen 2 and just over 6 for the sly dog powder hounds per ski for almost 12 pounds of difference for the set.

By the looks of it the Gen 3 skis are no lighter, that said simmons skis are the best ski out there just a bit heavy.

Top Bottom