Best Mountain Ski for Nytro

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys whats your opinion on the best mountain ski for the Nytro? I have worn out two sets of Stock Yamaha skis and looking for something new! (Not sure how I wear skis out when they are never on the ground LOL) Anyway looked at C&A online but backordered till Nov so probably wouldn't see them delivered here till January! What are you guys running? Pros and cons? 162 X16W Camo extreme. Timbersled front and rear. I didn't mind the stockers but looking for a change Maybe something that bites on a sidehill better. Rode a buddies with Simmons and didnt mind them for sidehilling but found they made a heavy front end steer heavier on the trail or slow single trail up through the trees. :beer:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the curve xs. I am planning on running a see of polaris grippier skis off a pro this year. Otherwise have been running stock 08 skis also.

hardcorex

Reaction score
I am running a set of 6.9 pilots on my nytro and have been vey pleased with them on the trail and on the hill, also reasonably priced

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used lots of different skis and found I like the older stock ones the best usi's weren't bad

Last edited:

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dalton curve xs...... Slydogs are more of a beginner/girl ski

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

Last edited:

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The man behind Curve industries is actually at my work currently, however the damn guy didn't bring any skis up with him. He will also be walking around the sled show this weekend for anyone interested in the ski.

boostbaby

Reaction score
Dalton curve xs...... Slydogs are more of a beginner/girl ski

I was thinking either the Slydogs or the USI's... but since the slydogs are more of a "girl" ski better get those eh??? :p

Last edited:

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go get the Ski-Doo Pilot 6.9 Run one carbide only in the center. Then get the slydog rubber soles and you're set! Put them on two nytros and made a big difference and the stock Yamaha ski loops will fit the skidoo pilot ski's.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go get the Ski-Doo Pilot 6.9 Run one carbide only in the center. Then get the slydog rubber soles and you're set! Put them on two nytros and made a big difference and the stock Yamaha ski loops will fit the skidoo pilot ski's.

Funny you say that. I just updated my 09 XP to the S36 front end with spindles and new skis. Pulled the 6.9s off and threw them on my Nytro to try them out lol. Will see how they do

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Funny you say that. I just updated my 09 XP to the S36 front end with spindles and new skis. Pulled the 6.9s off and threw them on my Nytro to try them out lol. Will see how they do

Please keep us posted as soon as you try them out. I have the 08 style stock skis and it seems as if some guys were actually happy with them....I havnt ridden my Nytro yet so I am not too sure.

Top Bottom