Nytro CR 3" front cooler hose routing

Coxy

Reaction score
Hi guys, installed the CR front cooler, and unsure about where to reroute the coolant hoses. Sled has running board passages, u cooler, and rad delete. If anyone could snap a quick pic, or just help
me clear this up that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Coxy

JDen

Reaction score
If its the one I think you're referring to, mine is just ran over top of my clutch cover. It looks goofy and out of place when I take the side panel off, but that's where they put it. Unless you're asking about all the lines, I could have a look at mine if you need a hand.

Coxy

Reaction score
I have CR racings front cooler that's modded to allow running a 3" paddle. Basically the upper spigot is gone, and I'm unsure where to route that hose to, and the instructions aren't too clear on it. My right side board cooler comes up to the rad cap, and down to where the top of the cooler was. I'm guessing it needs to T into the side of that cooler, but not positive. Thanks guys

JDen

Reaction score
I'll have a look at mine later today if no one has solved it for you by then and see if I can be of any help.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The routing is faily straight foreward. The left side from your running board will run to your new expansion bottle, yes the hose basically goes over the clutch cover.
The right side will depend if your retaining the original oem under tunnel cooler.
There are 2 hoses that run to that cooler, if you do retain it you will run your new hose to the connection that was connected to the rad and under tunnel cooler, you will attach your new hose to the under tunnel cooler pipe. You may find it better to use a 90deg. plastic coolant fitting from Napa to make this connection.
If your deleting the under tunnel cooler then you run your new hose to the hose that has a bleeder fitting attached to it that hose runs back to the front cooler(upper top pipe). You basically attach your new hose to the existing pipe that has the bleeder.

Last edited:

Coxy

Reaction score
To be quite honest, I have no idea what was where in stock form. Bought it partially built, and partially hacked together which is why I am a bit unclear. Rad is gone, aftermarket tunnel with U cooler out back, running board coolers, had the factory front cooler which is now the modified one (basically the top half of the cooler is gone, only the two lower spigots remain), the t-stat housing, and a rad cap inline in the hose at the high point (coming from the RH board cooler, up to the cap, then down behind the engine where the upper spigot is no longer). The LH board cooler comes off the t-stat housing. And one more hose from the t-stat housing goes to the right side of the front cooler.
This may seem confusing, or even odd, and other then being a bugger to bleed, the sled ran for a season and a half like this without temp issues. I could maybe take a few pics if I can figure out how to post from my phone.
Really appreciate the input guys

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be quite honest, I have no idea what was where in stock form. Bought it partially built, and partially hacked together which is why I am a bit unclear. Rad is gone, aftermarket tunnel with U cooler out back, running board coolers, had the factory front cooler which is now the modified one (basically the top half of the cooler is gone, only the two lower spigots remain), the t-stat housing, and a rad cap inline in the hose at the high point (coming from the RH board cooler, up to the cap, then down behind the engine where the upper spigot is no longer). The LH board cooler comes off the t-stat housing. And one more hose from the t-stat housing goes to the right side of the front cooler.
This may seem confusing, or even odd, and other then being a bugger to bleed, the sled ran for a season and a half like this without temp issues. I could maybe take a few pics if I can figure out how to post from my phone.
Really appreciate the input guys

With that being said and the only changes was the front cooler modification to the cooling system, top spigot removal, all you need to do is T into the RH lower hose connection that connects to the front cooler.
So basically just run the hose that did go to the upper spigot to a T at the lower hose on the RH side of cooler.

Last edited:

Coxy

Reaction score
Perfect Lund, I figured that's what needed to happen, but not understanding what part of the cooler flows where it had me messed up. Appreciate the assistance!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Food for thought on how the system circulates.
Your water pump is on the left side and coolant pickup is from the spigot going to the front cooler. So the coolant flows from pickup spigot through motor out bypass hose and lower motor RH side coolant hose. The coolant goes out lower motor RH side coolant hose back to front cooler RH spigot then back to water pump spigot inlet. The bypass hose comes from front of motor block and is connected to the lower section of the thermostat housing, it also flow back to the front cooler via coolant hose connected to the RH side front cooler spigot, same hose you connect the T too, this connection is made in the thermostat housing.
The coolant circulates this way motor block front cooler, motor block front cooler ect, ect. till the thermostat opens.
Once the thermostat opens the flow is now directed from the thermostat housing upper coolant hose to the radiator.....or in your case the expansion bottle, then to the running board cooler, to the U-cooler back to the other running board cooler then to the front cooler via your new "T" connection. Then back to inlet spigot at water pump.
I hope my post is understandable and helpful.

Sweidall

Reaction score
When making the "T" connection on the right side of the motor, would you use a plastic or metal connections tee? I modified the front cooler myself.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try these

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg