Notable Difference

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Here is another take,

The more track you get, the less fun. A bitter shorter track can be a bit more fun as long as you know how to ride them without getting stuck.

Also, if you get a crazy long track you end up having to go up crazy steep stuff just to find a challenge and that can also get dangerous.

I have a 154" and some times I think it's a bit too long. Yes it's nice and forgiving but less fun. Unless I am in serous silly powderer I actually have more fun on the wifes 137".

I remember the old days when we all had light short tracks and we had a blast in a quarter section. With these big machines now you have to cover a lot of ground to get the same satisfaction.

I guess it all depends on how hard you want to push it.

No offence man....but doo you call getting stuck and extrication F U N???

I agree with Maxwell.....enough said:d:d:d

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had a few sleds and in every new sled went to a little longer track - now with the 163 the sled floats alot better, you dont have to work as hard going through deep powder , especially when boondooking . i dont find it harder to manevour. For me you can go slower than faster busting trail and you are able maintain a stedy speed without getting out of control. Ride with a 154 alot , he is a fairly good rider and can go pretty much the same places - just on the steeper stuff the 154 just cant get there:)

Attachments

• various 753.jpg
    various 753.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 67

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i for one would never go shorter than a 154 and am interested in 162 + stuck sucks big time. even on flat azz praries you get stuck with the short tracks. = no fun being stuck.

but i will agree riding a short track sled is better than not riding at all.:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even when you do get a 163 stuck its so much easier to get out. i know sometimes i will be scissored into the snow at a 50 dgree angle with no hope of an easy out and a tug on the skis and it tractors right out

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:Snowmobile1:I got stuck with a 136 x 1.75'' in chest deep drifts and it was not fun at all.:PDT_kap:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
162 tracks are not that hard to get unstuck and no you dont need to go find a steep hill to go climb to have fun with it I have more fun rooping meadows and trees than hill climbing and all i have rode is 163 and is absolutely awesome yeah may not wheelie as easy but the flotation is awesome.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your only riding in the mountains for sure get the longer track. If you want to ride fields, ditches and mountains get the 155". My 163" Dragon is not the best for riding around home in the fields, luckily I can ride the wifes 144" RMK around here. If I only had one sled it would be the 155".

Trench:beer:

Top Bottom