Notable difference

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its why skinz and a few others sell so many steering post forward relocate kit, brings the xm rider at least 2 inches ahead, helping with the xp/xm problem of wheelying, which i guess is good for videos on the bunny hills around the cabins. :)
That's one of my complaints about the chassis. If you run the riser in line with the post it pushes your feet way back on the boards.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From another source .

I let my 2 xm friends ride my axys, both of them never got 20 feet away from me, trying to do power turn, both of them were laying in the snow, due to use to giving lots of effort to lay thier xm on the sides. Both guys are early 20s with a motorcross background and one guy is sponsered by spy.
They returned with perma grin. The acceleration of the axys is also sick, we were in valmont last week with a t3 in our group, in tight places were your up against a incline of powder the t3 would get stuck, both axys would blow through it like nothin.
If you want to get a honest unbias evaluation of the axys, check out snotrax tv on utube episode 6 about 14 mins in.
Power and acceleration is class leading, games over was said by the host, you can argue all you like what your dealer tells you or brp ads tell you but the proofs on the snow.
Hp doesnt mean crap if it dont get to the snow.

Nikm17

Reaction score
Just to reply to the comment about snotrax being unbiased, I'd have to say that's pretty much total bs. When Polaris first released the axys rmk in the spring they had the guys from snotrax in their video raving about the axys chassis just like burandt was. Not saying it's not a good sled, I've never ridden one, but to say that snotrax is unbiased when clearly they were paid by Polaris to be in the axys intro video but they were not in the intro videos for any of the other 3 mountain sleds for 2016 I'd say they're probably pretty biased

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All jokes aside I have heard really good things about the axys. Sounds like they are the sled to beat. I just cant get past polaris reliability. Thats why Im picking up my new T3 154 tomorrow. Seriously considered the axys though.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All jokes aside I have heard really good things about the axys. Sounds like they are the sled to beat. I just cant get past polaris reliability. Thats why Im picking up my new T3 154 tomorrow. Seriously considered the axys though.

Break in Party Wednesday?

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said!!! I don't want to pay for a helli ride out just because a poo handles a slight better than a doo, if that is the case. I road cat's and doo's for years many thousands of miles with all sleds loading them sleves at the end of the day. In my mind that's what's it's all about.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are an improvement but they are still not skidoos they have a ways to go yet. They still don't have a 16" wide track so they lack traction and floatation and just plain don't hop up on the snow as well. The handling is still good for new riders learning to ride or that don't want to get into seriously technical terrain the steering system just isn't designed for that. The track design and lug height still do not compare to skidoos 3" track. Overall they are an improvement and are going in the right direction. Most people I've talked to are enjoying them and the 3" track but at the end of the day the 174 doo is still superior and is still the king of the mountain nothing will touch it as of yet

Holy Doodle!!!! 174" 16" Wide 3" lug .... MAXWELL...... take it from a girl.... size doesn't matter........ seriously no need to over compensate...... it's all good.

Many have fun on a sled that isn't trying to wow the masses with size mano!

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have the gnr braces. But I didn't when I had 336km on her and ripped the right side off. No module damage then. But I wouldn't own one without the gnr braces. Just cheap and the downright work

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i own two cats and have rode all the latest and greatest from every brand. i will say i am impressed with the axys and it will get people who dont ride that well into a lot of trouble as it is very easy to ride, I however am still waiting to see how reliable they are.... thats the golden question!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Doodle!!!! 174" 16" Wide 3" lug .... MAXWELL...... take it from a girl.... size doesn't matter........ seriously no need to over compensate...... it's all good.

i duno mom that 174x3 of mine sure brings the ladies around

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, i should have been more clear. I meant for the riders that want to go past the warm up shacks where most guys leave their gas and don"t want to just ride terrain between the trees all day that used to be thought of as more for the Bearcats and skandics, the other snowmobiles that need a 16 wide 170 inch track to go in deep snow.

i would make anyone with an axys want to light it on fire and leave it on the mountain after riding with me for a day. chit ill even use my freeride to give them a chance

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i own two cats and have rode all the latest and greatest from every brand. i will say i am impressed with the axys and it will get people who dont ride that well into a lot of trouble as it is very easy to ride, I however am still waiting to see how reliable they are.... thats the golden question!
Moreso than the XM? I found the XM quite easy to ride as well coming off a Rev. What I'm hearing from some is the opposite of that on the poo.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would make anyone with an axys want to light it on fire and leave it on the mountain after riding with me for a day. chit ill even use my freeride to give them a chance

If they use earplugs it may not be so bad, you know , the listening to your riding expertise and grand mastery. LOL. I'm thinking there's been a lot of fires set as diversions to get away from you.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Seems quite evident that there are differences in the personalities of the most brand loyal buyers. Last year when there was a perception that the T3 was the industry leader in deep snow machines there was a ton of crowing and bragging by the regular dootards, as expected. This year now that the Axys has relegated the Doo to an obvious second place in the mountains, the Polaris crowd seems to be far more gracious and quiet compared to last year, of course i suppose quite a few of the Axys owners were previous Doo riders who wanted a true mountain sled. Lots of really positives about the 16 Cat also, Cat and Poo seem to be moving ahead in the deep snow market, good for them and by extension for us.

I think the Polaris guys are quiet because like every first year sled, no use getting too cocky yet. Not only that, they are listening to the sound of the crank (lightened) and when it will blow up.
They are all good sleds, they all have their issues. They are all ticking time bombs, just ride and make sure you have great buddies.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Everyone knows the Polaris is a great womans sled, or for guys who weigh 125 lbs soaking wet. Put a 250 lb behemoth on it, well, parts can be replaced, lol

Top Bottom