Notable difference

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i duno mom that 174x3 of mine sure brings the ladies around

It does have the reputation of a good ladies or newbie sled . At least they don't have to worry about tipping it over.

Last edited:

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Polaris guys are quiet because like every first year sled, no use getting too cocky yet. Not only that, they are listening to the sound of the crank (lightened) and when it will blow up.
They are all good sleds, they all have their issues. They are all ticking time bombs, just ride and make sure you have great buddies.

I'm guessing there wont be many issues. Companies are fairly careful not to release lemons these days. They spend a fortune on research and development and I bet they have been testing this motor for years.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would make anyone with an axys want to light it on fire and leave it on the mountain after riding with me for a day. chit ill even use my freeride to give them a chance

I agree with jhurkot, anytime you are in revy/sicamous area please make me aware. I am all for friendly competition.

After a few rides (coming off 3 years worth of XM's) i am very happy with the Axys. Takes some different body input and throttle control but the chassis is a winner. If the reliability holds i will be a happy man.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are an improvement but they are still not skidoos they have a ways to go yet. They still don't have a 16" wide track so they lack traction and floatation and just plain don't hop up on the snow as well. The handling is still good for new riders learning to ride or that don't want to get into seriously technical terrain the steering system just isn't designed for that. The track design and lug height still do not compare to skidoos 3" track. Overall they are an improvement and are going in the right direction. Most people I've talked to are enjoying them and the 3" track but at the end of the day the 174 doo is still superior and is still the king of the mountain nothing will touch it as of yet

How can Maxwell ride so much but yet, be so out of touch with reality?

I rode Doo for 30 years, they are good but NOT a purpose built technical terrain machine. Yes they climb well but I bet if you do the math the 163 AXYS has less weight per area on the snow. This equates to more floatation than the 16" wide track 163 Doo. 174?? The math would still be interesting if someone has time.

Now go and get your 174 stuck and see if it comes out as easy as the Polaris (even the old RMK is much better than the Doo for this). Now sidehill through the nastiest ruts, see if you can pilot that Doo in a straight line or is it going to turn up the hill? The T3's do handle better but they are still fat and the hips drag on the steep stuff.

I say it again "You obviously ride meadows and do straight up climbs."

I see some great riders on Doo and they do well but they will admit the limitations like I will with the Polaris.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I rode Doo for 30 years, they are good but NOT a purpose built technical terrain machine. Yes they climb well but I bet if you do the math the 163 AXYS has less weight per area on the snow. This equates to more floatation than the 16" wide track 163 Doo. 174?? The math would still be interesting if someone has time.

Now go and get your 174 stuck and see if it comes out as easy as the Polaris (even the old RMK is much better than the Doo for this). Now sidehill through the nastiest ruts, see if you can pilot that Doo in a straight line or is it going to turn up the hill? The T3's do handle better but they are still fat and the hips drag on the steep stuff.

I see some great riders on Doo and they do well but they will admit the limitations like I will with the Polaris.

Careful now, you wouldn't want to hurt his feeler!!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no way I'd personally want a 174" track.

I love my 155"s for a few reasons. Agility, even though I may have to work a little harder in some situations overall I find the 155s easier to handle than 163" tracks.. and big part too, the snow packed into a 174.... holy man I wouldn't want to be the one unsticking that beast.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I love my 155"s for a few reasons. Agility, even though I may have to work a little harder in some situations overall I find the 155s easier to handle than 163" tracks.. and big part too, the snow packed into a 174.... holy man I wouldn't want to be the one unsticking that beast.

You know I bought a 163 xm. Loved it very nice sled but I would take my 09 summit 154 any day over the 163. I missed the shorter track. My next sled 155.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol don't understand why people need to pull down their pants on the internet to show everyone how big their d*** is and how much better a rider they are than everyone else. The axys with a 3'' track no doubt would be a performer, and should challenge or beat the T3 in most situations, rider bearing. Ya I consider my self a pretty good tree rider, maybe better than most except for the guys with 509 stickers on their hood. Only way to really know is to say follow me and see if they can keep up.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup. Well said. You know I love my doos but am impressed by your axys. Like you said. They do things differently and doos do some things better than poo and vice versa. It's all in what you want. Get out and sled and quit Bickering people

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

aocbiz

Reaction score
Lol don't understand why people need to pull down their pants on the internet to show everyone how big their d*** is and how much better a rider they are than everyone else. The axys with a 3'' track no doubt would be a performer, and should challenge or beat the T3 in most situations, rider bearing. Ya I consider my self a pretty good tree rider, maybe better than most except for the guys with 509 stickers on their hood. Only way to really know is to say follow me and see if they can keep up.

Ok ok now pull your pants back up! Haha

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear whatever undies you like, but the fact is that ALL of the sleds being offered are competitive, no matter the brand. I've owned sleds from all four current manufacturers, and they've all had their positives and negatives. A 10 minute ride on your buddy's sled that isn't set up for you is a poor indication of how that machine will perform - even a side by side comparison on the same year and model will show you that personal ergonomics and suspension settings are different from sled to sled, and rider to rider. I've ridden machines set up by one dealer that were vastly different then machines from another dealer (same manufacturer). A good dealer is what influences my buying decision these days - one that rides, actually DOES a PDI, gives back to the sport, and just willing to chat if I've a question. (This is the reason my sleds come from T&T in Bonnyville, although I live a considerable distance away). It's been my experience over the past 25 years that a smaller "Mom & Pop" store will always provide better after sales support then the big city stores, and they know your name when you walk in, or recognize your voice over the phone when you call...
You just had to bring logic and common sense into this didn't you?:nono: I was just getting the popcorn ready!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to hurt anyones feelings but Maxwell should give his head a shake and realize that if he wants people to respect his views they must at least make a little bit of sense.

Hey the pro rmk sidehills great I know I've ridden many but that's where it ends. The rest of the time the operator is struggling trying to maneuver that flat steering garbage. Can watch many great riders struggle with the flat steering. When they are on edge sure your a superstar but unfortunately in the mountains you can't always be on edge and need to transition to other maneuvers this is where it fails. When off camber bars cranked you just don't have the leverage plain and simple. You just can't beat how low,forward and close to the snow the xm steering allows you to get and in the trees this is paramount. I really don't care if people respect my views. The people that respect my opinions are the ones who have ridden with me and can see this first hand. It just can't be explained on the internet unfortunately. I try to ride every weekend in the winter the proofs in the pudding.....puddin

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You don't have to unstuck a 174 that's the best part of just keeps going. I'm kidding obviously but seriously it gets stuck waayyyy less

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey the pro rmk sidehills great I know I've ridden many but that's where it ends. The rest of the time the operator is struggling trying to maneuver that flat steering garbage. Can watch many great riders struggle with the flat steering. When they are on edge sure your a superstar but unfortunately in the mountains you can't always be on edge and need to transition to other maneuvers this is where it fails. When off camber bars cranked you just don't have the leverage plain and simple. You just can't beat how low,forward and close to the snow the xm steering allows you to get and in the trees this is paramount. I really don't care if people respect my views. The people that respect my opinions are the ones who have ridden with me and can see this first hand. It just can't be explained on the internet unfortunately. I try to ride every weekend in the winter the proofs in the pudding.....puddin

WOW, its time to give up. There is no help for some.

Top Bottom