Notable difference

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems quite evident that there are differences in the personalities of the most brand loyal buyers. Last year when there was a perception that the T3 was the industry leader in deep snow machines there was a ton of crowing and bragging by the regular dootards, as expected. This year now that the Axys has relegated the Doo to an obvious second place in the mountains, the Polaris crowd seems to be far more gracious and quiet compared to last year, of course i suppose quite a few of the Axys owners were previous Doo riders who wanted a true mountain sled. Lots of really positives about the 16 Cat also, Cat and Poo seem to be moving ahead in the deep snow market, good for them and by extension for us.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cartoon2.gif

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a doo fan but not to brand loyal I tried every brand of sled. But this new AXYS is nice! I will wait a year or 2 to see what the motors do. My last Polaris was a 08 Dragon, so I am a bit scared of Polaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear whatever undies you like, but the fact is that ALL of the sleds being offered are competitive, no matter the brand. I've owned sleds from all four current manufacturers, and they've all had their positives and negatives. A 10 minute ride on your buddy's sled that isn't set up for you is a poor indication of how that machine will perform - even a side by side comparison on the same year and model will show you that personal ergonomics and suspension settings are different from sled to sled, and rider to rider. I've ridden machines set up by one dealer that were vastly different then machines from another dealer (same manufacturer). A good dealer is what influences my buying decision these days - one that rides, actually DOES a PDI, gives back to the sport, and just willing to chat if I've a question. (This is the reason my sleds come from T&T in Bonnyville, although I live a considerable distance away). It's been my experience over the past 25 years that a smaller "Mom & Pop" store will always provide better after sales support then the big city stores, and they know your name when you walk in, or recognize your voice over the phone when you call...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear whatever undies you like, but the fact is that ALL of the sleds being offered are competitive, no matter the brand. I've owned sleds from all four current manufacturers, and they've all had their positives and negatives. A 10 minute ride on your buddy's sled that isn't set up for you is a poor indication of how that machine will perform - even a side by side comparison on the same year and model will show you that personal ergonomics and suspension settings are different from sled to sled, and rider to rider. I've ridden machines set up by one dealer that were vastly different then machines from another dealer (same manufacturer). A good dealer is what influences my buying decision these days - one that rides, actually DOES a PDI, gives back to the sport, and just willing to chat if I've a question. (This is the reason my sleds come from T&T in Bonnyville, although I live a considerable distance away). It's been my experience over the past 25 years that a smaller "Mom & Pop" store will always provide better after sales support then the big city stores, and they know your name when you walk in, or recognize your voice over the phone when you call...

Very true on each sled feels different! Wife and I each had 2014 summit x 163. The odd time that I had to drive hers out of a sticky situation, you would swear it's a totally different manufacture. Pretty sure any new sled would put a smile on anyone's face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Axys does impress me, But I doubt I could ride one. Can't ride a Pro, i just flop it on its side. I am so used to Doo that I need a sled that you have to WANT to lay it over. Cat's, tried them too and totally can't get the steering. Each sled is capable, but each one has their differences. People ride different, were not cookie cutters. Ride what suits YOU!! Not what is flavor of the month.

Top Bottom