Drew562 experiences leaving doos

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big part of the season is done and I have been smashing my new cats. 2018 highcountry 141 and 2019 165 alpha. Oil. Have lots left. Unreal how little they use. The highcountry ran all winter on one belt. Zero issues. 1300miles. I love that sled. This weekend I rode local. The temps were warm. Snow was deep. I pushed that sled so hard in deep fields forcing it to go fast for hours. I Burnt 150 liters since thursday. No issues except I smoked a stump yesterday and pushed the upper a arm back into the muffler. Quick fix tomorrow and back out before the Alberta snow melts. The biggest thing at first was Changing from doo steering. I still may put the lay down post in one of my sleds to try it.

The alpha has been the funnest sled I’ve ever had. It hauls ass and is so capable in the trees. I rarely get stuck. But I’ve fallen off more than other sleds. Old busted knees can’t keep up to the alpha and my thumb sometimes. Only issue I had on the alpha is my drive nuts on the brake rotor came off. Thankfully I was able to bush fix and ride out as it was the last day of that trip. It’s also on the same belt all winter. In the last 20 years I’ve owned every kind of sled. When the snow is good I don’t stop much which has given me belt issues on most sleds g4’s Xm’s. Axys. Pros. Nytros. These new cats are tough as hell.

Top Bottom