Notable difference

Reaction score
Thank you for wording this the way you did. I'm a poo guy, my ride buddy only has doos. He wants to make his doo lay over easier more like my poos do (but not quite as easy. Tips mine on its sides when he rides it). I keep telling him that the doo just isn't made to poo it.
As said above it all comes down to rider preference. I'm sure if someone took away all my polaris machinery and I was given doos or cat yami, I'd learn to love it

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you for wording this the way you did. I'm a poo guy, my ride buddy only has doos. He wants to make his doo lay over easier more like my poos do (but not quite as easy. Tips mine on its sides when he rides it). I keep telling him that the doo just isn't made to poo it.
As said above it all comes down to rider preference. I'm sure if someone took away all my polaris machinery and I was given doos or cat yami, I'd learn to love it

I have Post Fwd, Tmo, and I just reciently did a Carls cut to my DS2 skis. The Carls Cut does help. Its more stable over the rough stuff and when you hit a prev track. Also easier to get up on edge on hardpack it seems. I did this to a old set of skis so I had nothing to loose. So it's not one of those "I have to justtfy my action so it has to work in my brain" kinda thing. Tell your buddy to try it. Outside edge, from the spindle bolt back. Cut it off to the verticle riser on the ski.

In my Doo camp. we also coined the phrase, Poo shuffle and Kick the Poo. Ever notice the wrong foot fwd, kicking with the other. More Poo riders do this than any other brand. Yes, it works, but seems to work most on the RMK Pro chassis

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Polaris owners want to crow really bad, but they know they are going to need a tow sooner or later so they're holding it in. :d

Pfffffffffft! hahaha!! Pfffffffffft!!! I will Pffffft you to your face tomorrow! lol

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Post Fwd, Tmo, and I just reciently did a Carls cut to my DS2 skis. The Carls Cut does help. Its more stable over the rough stuff and when you hit a prev track. Also easier to get up on edge on hardpack it seems. I did this to a old set of skis so I had nothing to loose. So it's not one of those "I have to justtfy my action so it has to work in my brain" kinda thing. Tell your buddy to try it. Outside edge, from the spindle bolt back. Cut it off to the verticle riser on the ski....
Pics?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Axys does impress me, But I doubt I could ride one. Can't ride a Pro, i just flop it on its side. I am so used to Doo that I need a sled that you have to WANT to lay it over. Cat's, tried them too and totally can't get the steering. Each sled is capable, but each one has their differences. People ride different, were not cookie cutters. Ride what suits YOU!! Not what is flavor of the month.
Jeff and I were talking about this tonight as I plan to be on a new something next season and still not sure if it will be a Poo, doo, or Viper and he said pretty much the same thing about the poo.

So is it a required different rider stance between the two that's needed to keep the poo from falling over or different techniques? The poo dudes seem to make it look manageable and effortless. I get the difference in steering makes it different, but does it really make it that unstable?

I was fairly comfortable on the doo. Just not a fan of the module failures before an arm with light impacts. That and a chassis revamp is overdue for them.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno exactly Dale, but I also have never had a module fail on mine. But have broke A arms. Ask Jeff how I log trees LOL

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AXYS owners aren't talking cause they're still holding their breath waiting to see if these thing are gonna blow up. lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are an improvement but they are still not skidoos they have a ways to go yet. They still don't have a 16" wide track so they lack traction and floatation and just plain don't hop up on the snow as well. The handling is still good for new riders learning to ride or that don't want to get into seriously technical terrain the steering system just isn't designed for that. The track design and lug height still do not compare to skidoos 3" track. Overall they are an improvement and are going in the right direction. Most people I've talked to are enjoying them and the 3" track but at the end of the day the 174 doo is still superior and is still the king of the mountain nothing will touch it as of yet

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are an improvement but they are still not skidoos they have a ways to go yet. They still don't have a 16" wide track so they lack traction and floatation and just plain don't hop up on the snow as well. The handling is still good for new riders learning to ride or that don't want to get into seriously technical terrain the steering system just isn't designed for that. The track design and lug height still do not compare to skidoos 3" track. Overall they are an improvement and are going in the right direction. Most people I've talked to are enjoying them and the 3" track but at the end of the day the 174 doo is still superior and is still the king of the mountain nothing will touch it as of yet
Aaand we're off! :beer: :beer: :beer:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AAAHHHH....OK....If you say so.......

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aaand we're off! :beer: :beer: :beer:

121731-bold-strategy-cotton-meme-imgu-wLno.png

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry, i should have been more clear. I meant for the riders that want to go past the warm up shacks where most guys leave their gas and don"t want to just ride terrain between the trees all day that used to be thought of as more for the Bearcats and skandics, the other snowmobiles that need a 16 wide 170 inch track to go in deep snow.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you mean the steering isn't designed for it? Everyone raves about how agile it is. And predictable balance and the doo guys are the only ones saying different that they are tippy. Yet the poo guys say there is no balance point on the doo which I also disagree with. Not trying to start a brand war. Just trying to figure out if it's some people's brand loyal ignorance or if the two sleds are just that much different

Totally different story on Snowest. Even from other brand riders. And can't compare it to a 174 T3. Different species.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know no sled is one size fits all. Just trying to figure out where the new poo stacks up. Never ridden with a pro before except maybe once and it blew up 10km from the house on the way up kingfisher. My neighbour had a '12 that blew up 3 times in 500 miles. The motor was the only thing keeping me away. Now it seems they may have gotten a handle on the pistons.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you mean the steering isn't designed for it? Everyone raves about how agile it is. And predictable balance and the doo guys are the only ones saying different that they are tippy. Yet the poo guys say there is no balance point on the doo which I also disagree with. Not trying to start a brand war. Just trying to figure out if it's some people's brand loyal ignorance or if the two sleds are just that much different

Totally different story on Snowest. Even from other brand riders. And can't compare it to a 174 T3. Different species.
Vertical vs horizontal steering. Different strokes...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that, I just don't understand why it would make it so difficult to ride one or the other enough to make people be at opposite sides with how they feel about it.

Sounds to me one just needs to adjust their technique and stance.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its why skinz and a few others sell so many steering post forward relocate kit, brings the xm rider at least 2 inches ahead, helping with the xp/xm problem of wheelying, which i guess is good for videos on the bunny hills around the cabins. :)

Top Bottom