North Dore?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It now is a caribou closure. I can give you a map to show you the area that is closed.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The closure only applies TO THE CARIBOU as in eight years of riding there I have not seen one or for that matter any kind of track in the area!!!! This includes both valleys on the way there. BS closures suck!!!! The heli skiers aren't out....go figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ya enviromentalist need to find something better to do than promote to close areas like that. A map will be great and if antone actually sees a mountain cariboo post a pic, but untill then.....BRAAP BRAAP:beer:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did'nt say to go, I said the closure sucks if it's real.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maps are av. at my place and on the Inegrated Land Management Bureau site. Will try and scan the map I have but can't do it u ntill I am back from Edmonton after christmas. Maybe Judy can try.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Caribou Closure Map. Not very reader friendly at this size but you may be able to resize it for yourselves. If anyone wants this emailed to them, send me a PM with your email address.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understood reading the map was all access thru the dore was closed, but the trail thru castle creek is open. Then you just have to mind where you are once in. The little green line thru the closed section from castle creek is an approved access trail according to the map. Don't quote me on it, someone else can confirm or clarify the details.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
from what i understood reading the map was all access thru the dore was closed, but the trail thru castle creek is open. Then you just have to mind where you are once in. The little green line thru the closed section from castle creek is an approved access trail according to the map. Don't quote me on it, someone else can confirm or clarify the details.

that's kinda what it looked like to me too????

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You can't shoot what doesn't exist. So did any areas get saved?:mad: The heliskiers are still in.....how do we get them kicked out.....they seem to have a little pull as they are still in. Get them on the band wagon and maybe some of the last few remaining areas will stay open. At this rate there will be no back country areas open other than sactioned riding areas within a couple years. Not that there is anything wrong with them but WTF is the adventure in the same area all the time?????:( Barry I would like a club membership when I get to you place. This needs to be stopped. I see my other area got axed also.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you can't shoot what doesn't exist. So did any areas get saved?:mad: The heliskiers are still in.....how do we get them kicked out.....they seem to have a little pull as they are still in. Get them on the band wagon and maybe some of the last few remaining areas will stay open. At this rate there will be no back country areas open other than sactioned riding areas within a couple years. Not that there is anything wrong with them but wtf is the adventure in the same area all the time?????:( barry i would like a club membership when i get to you place. This needs to be stopped. I see my other area got axed also.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ya, club memberships........ How much are the mcbride ones, barry???

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You USED to be able to ride THROUGH Wienberger's to an incredible 4 x 12KM riding area known as East Twin. Caribou ghosts apparently hang out here to.:mad::mad::mad: I bet they're still skiing though.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cresent Spur apparently got the axe also. At least there will be no more avy deaths if we can't ride. Just rent a room and get pissed watching heli ski videos.:mad:

Top Bottom