Nordegg/Bighorn trail conditions?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am pretty sure that the Bighorn trails are closed until July 1st.

what are you calling the bighorn?

get yourself a pluz map from SRD, available at most outdoor shops or srd offices. kiska wilson pluz trails are mostly open year round, watch some have time restrictions.
ram area, cut off creek open year round. onion, hummingbird,canary crk closed till jul 1. anything east of forest trunk road is generally open, but check the map before you go, fines are high and given out generously.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
south of the area, drying up, streams are running, some snow in bush. should be ok in areas ya can legally ride in. couple diehard campers out there, must be cool at night.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
What the fawk is a pluz???
You don't by any chance mean FLUZ???
as in forest land use zone?
what are you calling the bighorn?

get yourself a pluz map from SRD, available at most outdoor shops or srd offices. kiska wilson pluz trails are mostly open year round, watch some have time restrictions.
ram area, cut off creek open year round. onion, hummingbird,canary crk closed till jul 1. anything east of forest trunk road is generally open, but check the map before you go, fines are high and given out generously.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if you click on the pluz on the map then click more info then scroll down it says OHV trails are temporary closed (kiska/willson pluz)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good catch big64, pays to look at the regs before going out, keeps hard earned cash in yer pocket

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I was out by Jackfish Lake last week... there barely any snow in the bush and it was melting fast. The streams were high, the muskeg was soft, but had a solid bottom to it. I like quadding this time of year because I hate skeg and you can get to most places without much trouble.

Clutch

Reaction score
As far as I can tell going off the trail and Trail on the site, the Bighorn Dam area trails are open now.

shawn.t

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
As far as I can tell going off the trail and Trail on the site, the Bighorn Dam area trails are open now.
Sure hope so! usually its only closed on the south side of the dam anyways, so you can still ride towards the crecent falls area

ScubaSteve29

Reaction score
I was out by Jackfish Lake last week... there barely any snow in the bush and it was melting fast. The streams were high, the muskeg was soft, but had a solid bottom to it. I like quadding this time of year because I hate skeg and you can get to most places without much trouble.

Just wondering where this skeg and trails are. And we are talking about the Jackfish lake near Carvel correct? We have a cabin out there and I've been wondering if there is any good quadding out there. Always knew it must be there, just never really had time to explore to much.

Any info would be appreciated.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I was talking about the Jackfish Lake between Rocky and Nordegg... no shortage of skeg if you want to find it

Top Bottom