Nordegg ATV trail closures

morerpmfred

Reaction score
With the castle provincial park and motorized users and the new porcupine and livingstone fluz plan being worked. Combined with the new linear disturbanc rules. Quading , snowmobileng and trail riding in your jeep will probably be a thing if the past down there as well.

Officially all the trails are open in the provincial park but once rhe linear disturbance plan goes in there will be one mile of existing trails will be left open for every hundred miles of trails.
All the work done on the trails last fall in the castle are all for nothing.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the many that came out too the Nordegg meet and it was good to finaly run into the S&M folks in our area. Good to me you Cal as I'll stay in touch with Troy as my next step is to join in on the BHAS/ Big Horn ATV Sicoiety.

Brent and Nordegg folks will hopefully chime in with the happenings at the meeting tonight since it was more geared towards the good folk of Nordegg, so hopefully we can in some way assist with things as the idea of keeping our sport active out there will benifit us all.

Glad to pitch in where I can as well as many of the others that show support it by jumping on the band wagon when needed.

Reflecting back on my day I see stuff like this worth it since it gives all of us an outing to Alberta lands,,, Foot-hills and mountains are well worth keeping.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the many that came out too the Nordegg meet and it was good to finaly run into the S&M folks in our area. Good to me you Cal as I'll stay in touch with Troy as my next step is to join in on the BHAS/ Big Horn ATV Sicoiety.

Brent and Nordegg folks will hopefully chime in with the happenings at the meeting tonight since it was more geared towards the good folk of Nordegg, so hopefully we can in some way assist with things as the idea of keeping our sport active out there will benifit us all.

Glad to pitch in where I can as well as many of the others that show support it by jumping on the band wagon when needed.

Reflecting back on my day I see stuff like this worth it since it gives all of us an outing to Alberta lands,,, Foot-hills and mountains are well worth keeping.

Good place to start. Join a group and get involved.
So other meetings??

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Closers as of this time from what I could gather, I'll chat with Brent to see what was voiced at the hall tonight since it was a Nordegg town hall meeting.

Conversations are on the table since this meeting would of been a fact finding mission of who is on what side of land use in the Nordegg area. Wildland idea has been on the books for many years, so only time will tell over the following months.

All intrest groups have a steak in this, as a whole and not just one.

Time has come for me to join a group that promots our Alberta sport that many of us enjoy. Might cost a few bucks, but the funds go to a worth while cause, and I get to do some group trail repair... All win win over the long haul. Ha.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, a large united voice will have a greater impact, plus a large physical presence at these types of meetings will hold more impact than a few names on a piece of paper.

Good meeting ya out there don!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, a large united voice will have a greater impact, plus a large physical presence at these types of meetings will hold more impact than a few names on a piece of paper.

Good meeting ya out there don!

Yes a large united voice is best

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u meet my buddy's Wayne and Brent??

i don't think i did. there was 50-75 people there, a group of horse people, snow n mud, and nordegg area residents, plus the original meeting members i think the original meeting members may have been concerned/overwhelmed. there was one woman who expressed some different opinions, otherwise very quiet. the business community were there to express there opinion of the AWA agenda, was comforting to hear the opinion of those who live there, not someone who has no connection to the area from the big city.

there needs to be more user involvement in maintenance, education and upkeep for the areas we ride. if not there will be new rules and enforcement we may not like! my opinion only.

Nordeggab

Reaction score
The meeting went well and I thank everyone who showed up for support.It seems that a small number of elected people decided to advocate on our behalf for something that they had no clue about. They were unprepared for the turnout and couldnt answer any of our concerns. We are scheduling another meeting in the near future.I just hope this hasnt opened the door for the AWA and our NDP goverment.

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Stuff like this is happening everywhere on the eastern slopes. There us a mad push to complete y2k project while the ndp goverment is in.
All of the recreation manegement comes under the control of aep and the real goal of Alberta enviroment and Parks is well more parks.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a different angle to gain strength in numbers, proper representation regardless of logistics ...etc would be to have all the smaller clubs unite under one banner.. With various chapters,, have things like if your going to ride in an area volunteer a little maintenance/clean up time....things of that nature.
The other obvious benefit of course would be the availability of information funnelling through a head office as it were... Each area would also upon demand be able to pool resources and gain information so as not to be "blindsided" with a closure..

Probably not a bad idea to voluntarily have a sit down in person somewhere to do a little brainstorming on this very issue.
May not be a bad idea to approach the various mfgrs, and businesses involved in our sport as well..

Cwazyduck

Reaction score
If you are looking for the top of the ladder when it comes to the OHV world, check out the COHV (Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council). It lists all of the manufacturing and distributing members, as well as the provincial associations, from there, you can follow your way down to the associated clubs, at least the AOHVA has a full list of associated clubs.
There looks to be the place to start the search for the strong unified voice.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well how many attended and any positive results of this meeting

10 to 15 of S&M and 10 ish of locals that were there in support of keeping ohv activity going. There is 30 ish plus that are awear of what they need to do at keeping the area open.

All good til next meeting soon to follow.

Pal Lem.

Top Bottom