Nordegg ATV trail closures

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what I can see this is still what they are promoting, trail monitors and all. the hummingbird area is a total disaster according to there info.

what is the bhas big horn______ society

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will gather all the information I can tomorrow and post it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AWA leading would make it extra fun.
Some of you may remember the AWA fiasco of 2002 when they held meetings just like this. Getting their facts straight is not thier strong suit.
They will peddling thier trail monitoring program, showing us the 'conclusive' proof of the disaster OHV's are causing in the Bighorn.

This AWA work is not sanctioned, recognized or viewed as credible by the Bighorn Standing Committee.
Tomorrow night is also the BHAS AGM so local attendance will be down
Cal
Well that's convenient, book it the same nite as the agm for big horn society

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is planned!!! i think this is the same outfit Martha kostuk was involved in.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is planned!!! i think this is the same outfit Martha kostuk was involved in.

Correct. They tried this a few years back as it failed from what I heard. One would only guess that this meeting is to drum up support in the local area,,, maybe that is.

EDIT: yes to the same night as BHAS that my pal Troy is attending, I gave him the heads up last night.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Be prepared just like a good boy scout.
Don't cause a fight media will NEVER take motorized side of the story.
Good chance they are now watching this thread also.
Was on purpose to have meeting this night opposite other meeting.
BMHS has been doing work in the bighorn for years working on the very issues that caused the problem.
This is the future. Until wheeled OHV start better environmental rehabilitation of their trails this will continue in the future. Time to start cleaning up our impact on the trails and our riding areas. Just saying

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
You mean ALL OHV respect the land more ....
Big part of it yup. Cut trees that are across trails instead of hopping them and creating divets on either side. Pack out what you pack in. And tread lightly. The days for those who go out to hardcore mud are slowly closing in on them.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree totally , but we need to share respect by ALL off-road activities...
i have a sled trail through the back of my place.... Every year there is enough bottles and cans to keep Ray happy !! As well as the usual cut gates / fences and ripped down private property signs !
Please let's NOT single out wheeled vehicles... IMHO!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree totally , but we need to share respect by ALL off-road activities...
i have a sled trail through the back of my place.... Every year there is enough bottles and cans to keep Ray happy !! As well as the usual cut gates / fences and ripped down private property signs !
Please let's NOT single out wheeled vehicles... IMHO!
I fully agree with what you're saying, I know it's not just ATV/Utv/dirt bike people. Sledders are not innocent by any means. However environmental groups have a bigger hard on for wheeled users because of the damage that is out there. We are our own worst enemy no matter what the sport. From random camping to quadding to snowmobiling to hiking. The few bad apples ruin it for everyone. We all need to start speaking up when we see idiots in the wrong!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta needs an all inclusive club. Atv. Sleds. Bikes. Hunting. Fishing. Ect. Basically outdoor enthusiasts need to ban together. As the city's fill with lazy video game players. We lose out on areas at the hands of the many who have no idea what or why we do what we all love. The sad thing is most of us don't have time to fight. But We have to the make time. And then we have other problems like YouTube. . Ostacruiser and guys like that need to keep vids off the net.

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X 2 too good stewart ship.

S&M we hope will play a roll in this as we continue to promot it for years to come.

I'm glad to particepate at helping out where I can to enlarge our riding areas here in Alberta. County of Lacombe relaxed the ohv use this year which is good. Still more to be done in other MD's and countys too.

Time will tell if we get to drive our ohv's to town for gas, then head out to the open range, sure would be nice if the day ever comes.

Back on track again.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Alberta needs an all inclusive club. Atv. Sleds. Bikes. Hunting. Fishing. Ect. Basically outdoor enthusiasts need to ban together. As the city's fill with lazy video game players. We lose out on areas at the hands of the many who have no idea what or why we do what we all love. The sad thing is most of us don't have time to fight. But We have to the make time. And then we have other problems like YouTube. . Ostacruiser and guys like that need to keep vids off the net.
While I agree with you Andrew we both know this won't happen. Sledders don't like quadders who don't like bikers who don't like fishers who don't like hikers etc etc.

I wish AOHVA would become more involved and more accessible much like the ASA is, then maybe we could get organized and create a "mother" organization that could help fight for us as summer OHV users

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, ostacrusier makes everything look bad

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I agree with you Andrew we both know this won't happen. Sledders don't like quadders who don't like bikers who don't like fishers who don't like hikers etc etc.

I wish AOHVA would become more involved and more accessible much like the ASA is, then maybe we could get organized and create a "mother" organization that could help fight for us as summer OHV users

I'm just dreaming out loud. But your right. On the island hikers snare trails used by mountain bikes. So the hope of one big club is a pipe dream. Hopefully an answer comes before its to late. Are you able to make nordegg tomorrow ? If so I will see you there. I do have a decent amount of guys going so far. Working on more still.

Top Bottom