Nordegg ATV trail closures

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'm sure we would say close to the same thing

It's fawking stupid and for them to try to slide it through with out notice is scammy

U know Larry, just cause I live in b.c, doesn't mean I don't care about stuff there

Unfortunately it's not the same here with people not from here and don't give a crap....

If I can help there I will

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sent a note to the AOHVA asking if they are aware or plan to have a presence at this meeting. If I hear back, I'll post an update.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure, I'm sure we would say close to the same thing

It's fawking stupid and for them to try to slide it through with out notice is scammy

U know Larry, just cause I live in b.c, doesn't mean I don't care about stuff there

Unfortunately it's not the same here with people not from here and don't give a crap....

If I can help there I will

no problem! this maybe the most important meeting yet, if they slide it through with out any opposition, it will become law. no sleds - no off road vehicles of any kind. looks like they are trying to load the meeting with the green crowd.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have reached out to tons of people. Also business. Rapid. Riverside. Bowridge. Cycleworks. I hope this goes well of ohv users.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck guys, this is why we all have to keep our ears and eyes open. We see the same thing here all the time, they schedule meetings when the average working person can't make it but the paid ( by us mostly ) greenies are all over it.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am unable to attend but I have posted this on Arcticchat. Brent I copied and pasted what you posted.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lots of threads open now. Is this a government plan or AWA plan?
Riding is limited already and bighorn group of volunteers have been working on this area for years. Olds Caroline snowmobile clubs and OHV clubs and horse guys all work together already to make a trail difference. This group needs to know but may already know. This could be just a Kickstart for a future government plan.

Cal Rakach

Reaction score
If there are any details on who is putting this on, that would be very useful.
At this point it is not the GoA pushing for a park as the NSRP is still on hold and the Regional Advisor Councils(RAC) rcommendations have not be releasd.
The next GoA step is the public consultation process. That is yet to come and law it will happen.
There is work beg done by CPAWS and the Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement Home | CBFA to end run the NSRP process. CPAWS is the lead enviro group on this file.
CBFA has already been to town and were not exactly welcome with open arms.
Thus it is important to know who is putting this on.
If it is CPAWS/AWA ...this would be a fun meeting to attend
Cal

Bighorn Standing Committee Member
AOHVA Secretary and Regional Director

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what I can determine it is the " Alberta Wilderness Association"

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Cal. Hope people can attend and get involved in the process. Is it government organized or AWA run

Cal Rakach

Reaction score
AWA leading would make it extra fun.
Some of you may remember the AWA fiasco of 2002 when they held meetings just like this. Getting their facts straight is not thier strong suit.
They will peddling thier trail monitoring program, showing us the 'conclusive' proof of the disaster OHV's are causing in the Bighorn.

This AWA work is not sanctioned, recognized or viewed as credible by the Bighorn Standing Committee.
Tomorrow night is also the BHAS AGM so local attendance will be down
Cal

Top Bottom