No more sport quads????

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
So we just were in at Riverside on the weekend, and noticed there was not one Suzuki quad on the floor, not only that, but there was almost no sport quads in there at all, alot of bikes and utv's. So today we were in at Turple brothers and the guy in the parts department informed us that they are no longer making sport quads.....has anyone heard anything on this? as to why or what?, I looked it up on the internet, and couldnt find much. THe parts guy told us that honda, can-am, yamaha, and one other were still making theres, but suzuki is no more. I read online that they have bought back all the suzuki machines from the dealership and that the dealerships will not take in any trades if you are trading the suzuki. What is with this and why have we not heard anything about this.....let me know what you know. Thank you.

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suzuki was pinched by the EPA about emissions on the ltr and rmx. It has a race map in the efi that the end user can activate. That and a combination of chitty sales. So that's it in nutshell. I'm betting they will have 2012 lineup and we will power command the chit out of them anyways.

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
I did hear that the polaris line up was going as well, what about ktm? are they going to still be around?

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
i dont think suzuki will buy them back........they havent bought our LTR's or LTZ's back. And we got 2 of each..
Suzuki reall slowed in the new model catagory, maybe all the crap that happened over there(earthquake and Tsunami)
could of taken out some facilities, parts suppliers or even the people that work for suzuki.
There will be no more 2012 Sport quads from suzuki. Its not in the new brochure. And they even killed off the kids quadsLT-70 & LT90), Kids dirt bike(dr-70) and Ozark 250.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thats funny i have a new ltz400 and two 09 ltr 450s that are for sale.....the 450 s are used by our tech...raced but... In great shape and we are offering an 6 month in house warranty on .... Never heard from suzuki about any buy backs... But i hear all kinds of stories...people are told...:( imo if there was an issue it would be a recall or reflash... In 20 yrs never heard of a manufacturer buying back units in canada.... But i could be wrong....

doin it in the dirt

Reaction score
what are the prices on the 450s you have, we have been looking into another one, think our 400ex will be getting a make over here soon, a well deserved one!!! Also do you know what a front left lower a-arm for the ltr 450 is worth, every where I go I keep getting a different price. I was even told that since suzuki is "no more" that they have jacked up there parts prices....so I don't know. I also heard that you guys sell the chinese quads parts...is this true? if so, i need to make an order LOL .....kinda broke the kids quad and need to fix it!! Thanks

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah..Japanese...Yamaha and Suzuki...and Arctic Cat .... of course...

the ltr450s ones a 2009 and ones a 2010... shoot me an email and i can email you some pics of it... ill have to check on the numbers i think the 2009 is like 7000 looks new...comes with 6 months tnt warranty
2010 ill have to check its decked out prob around 9 or 10 k...its got 2400 worth of shocks on it...

what are the prices on the 450s you have, we have been looking into another one, think our 400ex will be getting a make over here soon, a well deserved one!!! Also do you know what a front left lower a-arm for the ltr 450 is worth, every where I go I keep getting a different price. I was even told that since suzuki is "no more" that they have jacked up there parts prices....so I don't know. I also heard that you guys sell the chinese quads parts...is this true? if so, i need to make an order LOL .....kinda broke the kids quad and need to fix it!! Thanks

Top Bottom