New throttle cable

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how to adjust or where to adjust buddies 04 rev for oil pump, he just put a new cable on and its big time rich now. So was just wonderin how to do it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the adjuster above the clutch in the cable. Hold the outer part and pull it apart. Ur looking for 16 mm gap between outer to adjuster ( 16-18 mm is the spec if memory serves ).

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Marcel L

Reaction score
my 04 has rev has lines scriped on pump and arm, brakekleen them off and u will see the lines. cable is not adjustable at the pump,so put nut on to secure cable there. adjustment is further up the cable...then adj til u line up the two lines on pump and arm. mine was also very rich oil , sometimes the pump would not return all the way causing lots of oil to pump at idle .so once its adjusted work the throttle and see if the lines line up every time. mine would hang up slightly once and awhile just before its stopping point. I had to put a long lite sping to the arm to help pull it back .... pump starts to wear abit ,causes them to hang up slightly.

Top Bottom