New theft-alert tracking device - SPOT Trace - Protect ALL your valuables

REPO

Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am curious if anyone has done any further testing? Has anyone actually mounted this on their snowmobile somewhere and actualky tracked its location? If so, where did you mount it? Any real testing with its waterproof(ness)?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have one on my sled. installed it last Febuary and i haven't turned it off yet. Batteries still read full when view on the web. It sends me text and emails even if i sit on it it will trip and send me notifications. When i haul it to where ever i go, it will track it the whole way, tracks my actual riding the sled every where i went too. When i was done riding in McBride (in December when i was there) once i got to truck and had cell signal again i had like a hundred emails and texts. I have it set to send notifications every 5 mins. I'm very happy with how it works.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last fall I ran into a guy who was using a Spot Tracer for tracking his father in-law while hunting. The old guy was getting on years and had tendency to get lost. Apparently he got a little cranky when someone was with him. So this guy hid the Spot Tracer on the old guys quad. Everyone once in while they would 'find' him without him knowing that they knew where was at all along.
The only snag was sometimes the cell phone had no reception, so no messages came in about his status or location.

John Cambell

Reaction score
Just down load the app. To your phone. And you can see every time it sends a signal. Which can be five minutes or more.

As soon as it stops it'll send that Signal that it is stopped and won't send anymore info until it starts moving again. As soon as it moves it starts the cookie crumb trail again.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you activate it is it automatically set up to send texts? I tried to find that option but can't see it anywhere. A text might wake me up but there's no way an email will.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can set it up how to notify you. Log in the website and I think the options were in the settings menu. I selected email and text. Text is faster as most email accounts have a 5 minute or longer delay before it arrives on a phone. Text is almost instant. Then every 5 minutes will get another until spot stops moving. I have mine set fir 5 minute tracking. There's options for that as well.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks maybe I'm completely blind but I can't find it in my account settings. I'll talk to them tomorrow. I'd much rather have text notification than email.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the real bad part is the pro's have jammers......they can jam cell phone signals and anything that is wireless.......it will stop the quick theft but not 100% fool prof for the pro......just like jamming a wireless camera in the yard.....that is why I have my cameras hard wired! I used to sell cell phone jammers.....but they are illegal.... but the pro's can get anything easy if they want it! sorry to burst your bubble!

if a pro wants your sled, it is as good as gone. Most sled thefts are not done by pros, just the lazy, addicted run of the mill jerks.

Reaction score
Thanks maybe I'm completely blind but I can't find it in my account settings. I'll talk to them tomorrow. I'd much rather have text notification than email.

I had trouble finding where to do this as well, but I just figured it out! Haha.
When you're signed into your account, go to: My devices - Then click on where it says "Movement alerts Enabled" - Then scroll down to where it says "Send messages to:" - Then you can add a phone number and select your wireless provider and you're good to go! As a side note, you have to add your phone number to each alert you want sent as a text and/or email, such as low battery and power off alerts as well.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had trouble finding where to do this as well, but I just figured it out! Haha.
When you're signed into your account, go to: My devices - Then click on where it says "Movement alerts Enabled" - Then scroll down to where it says "Send messages to:" - Then you can add a phone number and select your wireless provider and you're good to go! As a side note, you have to add your phone number to each alert you want sent as a text and/or email, such as low battery and power off alerts as well.

Thanks Boost! Just did this now.

Top Bottom