New sled

Albertasledder

Reaction score
I have been looking for a while know and I am looking at the parkland Motorsport 2012 show sled but I am wondering about the 163 track I am on vermilion and the biggest climb is the river valley so I don't know what to do

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought my 154 worked awesome on the flatlands last winter. No regrets about the long track. Worked great as an every day flatland sled, and on the occasions I found a deep pocket it was awesome having the big track to walk all over it. I imagine a 163 would be the same.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can never ever figure out why someone who isn't going to use something for its intended purpose would by it. A 163 is meant for deep snow in mountain terrain, that's why it comes on a mountain sled, the gear is different and so is the clutching, doesn't make a bunch of sense to buy a mountain sled to ride the flat land. sorry for the rant but I see it over and over on this site, You would probably be much happier with a 144, you will have a increased top speed and blasting across the field with the throttle down wont do as much harm to the motor. and on the odd chance you do make it to the mountains its still plenty of track. Too many people get caught in the "I need it because" thing, well its not really a good statement, I recall when no one wanted a 144 because they thought it was too long and wouldn't be able to turn it.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about boondocking?
The 163 may be a little much for the majority of flat land riding but it's nothing that's gonna hurt it. Every time I go to the mountains I pray that I'm able to access the alpine on a GROOMED trail. Some of the trails are close to 30km and we ride them wither they have snow or they are bare ice and we need to use scratchers to cool the engine. I use mine around home on the Sturgeon river and its awesome, especially when the trail is all whooped up.

Thegeneral

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a while know and I am looking at the parkland Motorsport 2012 show sled but I am wondering about the 163 track I am on vermilion and the biggest climb is the river valley so I don't know what to do

If you're ONLY riding in Vermilion don't buy a 163"... Also the Pro RMK's are touchy on packed trail, better be running scratchers always and hope there is some decent snow. I always recommend the standard RMK over the Pro for this reason. I used to own a 2012 Pro RMK and you sure had to watch the temperature going up the trail, always rode mountains never saw flatland.

Looms16

Reaction score
I have a 12 pro 800 155, live in Saskatchewan and couldn't be happier with it. Sure it is too much for here, but we make trips to BC and it's 100% worth it. Go with the 155 if you are planning on riding the mountains, if not a 144 is perfect for the praires.

Top Bottom