New sled..

thiels2

Reaction score
Had my sled stolen last week 09 xp with quite a bit of $ invested into it now im looking for a different sled always been a Doo guy but found a decent deal on a brand new 2012 proclimb 162 snopro just wondering if its a good idea or not have some doubts but $ is a big consideration for me at this point in time. Anyone made the switch? also looking at some used etecs but they are insanely overpriced.. any input or direction would be appreciated

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love both of our Proclimbs but they are 2013. There was a lot of small changes from 2012 to 2013 that make the 13 feel very different. I recommend you rent one and find out if you like it.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a cat guy myself, but if I could afford it I'd go Etech. I'm amazed at the fuel economy.

Rode with a guy. He had an 800 Etech freeride or free style, whatever their called, I was on my 800 CF snow pro.
He not only beat my ass in every race, he put on more miles and burnt 1/4 tank to my 3/4s.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have '12 proclimb. Super happy with it. Got 1500kms on original belt so not all eat them. I have close to 2000km on it and hasn't let me down once. I don't know if its that much harder on fuel or just smaller tank... You won't be disappointed either way!!! Good luck!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If a guys is scratching for cash, it is pretty hard to justify the $300/day to rent a sled to try it out but it is a good idea to try to ride them before jumping in with both feet. There are "free" demo rides around from the manufactures and dealers that are great. I mean free in that other than you getting to the site it will cost you no spondulas.

I have one place for you to start:

I make no apologies for the fact that I drink the Doolaid......:ThumbsupMsn:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 2012 PC 162 and its a lot better on fuel than I thought it would be. The fuel gauge on them is garbage. When mine is flashing "FUEL" I only put 30 litres in and it's full to the brim and its a 43L tank. I rode 2 days in blue river in2-3 feet of snow and I didn't use my Gerry can. A 2013 with the deeper track and narrow ski stance would be nice though.

Polaris Lady

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359558072.784646.jpg

Can't go wrong with his sled! OBO

Date Listed 14-Jan-13
Last Edited 28-Jan-13
Price $10,000.00
Address Elkford, BC V0B, Canada
View map
For Sale By Owner
Year 2011
Kilometers 2482
Engine Displacement (cc) 800
Colour Black
2011 skidoo etec 800 summit x
154" track
Electric start
One year engine warranty left
Never used for hill climbing
Brand new condition
2482 km
Email for more info
asking $10,000 obo, no trades
Visits: 306

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my sled stolen last week 09 xp with quite a bit of $ invested into it now im looking for a different sled always been a Doo guy but found a decent deal on a brand new 2012 proclimb 162 snopro just wondering if its a good idea or not have some doubts but $ is a big consideration for me at this point in time. Anyone made the switch? also looking at some used etecs but they are insanely overpriced.. any input or direction would be appreciated

2012 Arctic Cat M8 Sno-Pro 162" - Calgary Snowmobiles For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada.

Precision had a couple 2012s for just over 10K, you'd probably get it for that. Low miles and good shape, I looked at one down there this fall and they have clean sleds. Yes, the etecs all seem overpriced, same deal as what you can buy a new Summit SP off the showroom floor. The Cats are a little harder on fuel probably but hard to tell because the gauge's are messed up as someone mentioned. I was riding a 2012 last year and if you were going downhill it would flash empty, turn around and head back up it was full again. First time I saw it happen I thought it was empty based on the gauge (flashing intermittently or showed 1 bar), freaking out and figured I had a fuel leak somewhere because we'd only put on 30 kms, then tried to put a 1.3 gallon Mountain Addiction jerry into it and it damn near overflowed the tank.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T & T PowerSports has a few 2012 ProClimbs for sale for $9900 as advertised on their FaceBook page. You might want to check them out! I know Terry is a super guy to deal with.

I'm riding a 2012 ProClimb SnoPro 153....love, love, love this sled. I haven't had any belt problems, but I'm running a full vent kit which I think really helps get out all that unwanted heat. I've got 1600 miles on my machine and it's basically stock except for a MBRP can, vent kit, 2013 skid update and 2.5 Camoplast Extreme track. I have to agree with Modman...the electronic fuel gauge is really wonky. It's all over the place. Sometimes it will be flashing FUEL, and then you look down and it has close to full bars again....however we are averaging about 80-90 miles to a tank depending on conditions, so I think they are pretty decent on fuel. Just don't trust that gauge!

My hubby is on a 2013 ProClimb SnoPro 153 limited and holy crap...I didn't think that they could make the ProClimb handle any better, but this sled fricken ROCKS!! The 2.6 PowerClaw track is definitely at the top of this list for improvements, and removing the rear heat exchanger is a close second. There is virtually NO snow and ice build up on this sled....so the weight savings would def be huge. Another big improvement for the 13's is narrowing the ski stance out....I love carving this sled, it is so much easier to throw around. So, there is big differences This sled LOVES to wheelie tho....puts a big perma grin on your face!

Top Bottom