new sled

doober

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, i am kind of looking for a bit of advice. I just bought a 14 RMK Assault, looking to see what everyone is running for oil. Also I have put on a Doo oil cap, and looking to turn the oiler up...but how much should i go? i read somewhere to go about 3 turns? Make the top of the screw almost flush with the jam nut, is this about right? Also anything else i should look for? Thanks.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run it to see what oil ratio it is using right now. Average factory seems to be around 50:1 that I've seen, a lot of guys aim to set it 30-35:1. I keep it at 40:1 myself, no fouled plugs and no oil streaks in the snow (or less anyway).

I just run the Polaris VES Gold, easy to get a hold of and works. But there are countless oil threads everywhere and everyone has their personal preference based on opinions, price, and availability.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run a oil that you can buy near you and stick with it. Or if it's on warranty I would use Polaris oil that why they can't blame oil if there is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doober

Reaction score
do we need a new "Best 2-stroke oil thread" ?????

Definitely not, lol, i run Amsoil in my wife Skidoo, so ill just use that.

On another note..it has electric start, the battery was dead, and taken out, i was given a new one but there are 3 wires? obviously red is pos, black is neg, but whats the 3rd wire? its just a skinny one, maybe a 16-18 gauge, i think its brown.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely not, lol, i run Amsoil in my wife Skidoo, so ill just use that.

On another note..it has electric start, the battery was dead, and taken out, i was given a new one but there are 3 wires? obviously red is pos, black is neg, but whats the 3rd wire? its just a skinny one, maybe a 16-18 gauge, i think its brown.
Brown wire is to ground.

Top Bottom