New Pro or Xm

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post should be cat vs doo. Cause Polaris is poo!!!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as steering goes I think it is all what you are comfortable with. I am a creature of habit and rode a Pro this year and wasn't thrown off by the steering like I thought I would be. Maybe Rasmussen is a fussier cat. Lol.

haha, "Cat" your phunny.

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuk me kid are you ever gonna stop shoveling all this bullch!t. i can't believe a 26 year old has so much knowledge. what a joke!
:bow::bow::bow: to the OLD wise man. The only way to be knowledgeable is to be OLD, obviously!!

sledxp

Reaction score
i ride a xm and rode a 12 assault all day saturday and it was sad :( just kept running out of power all day and the door panels sure let a lot of snow in. my belly is fat so i need the power

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my honest opinion the Doo XM feels lighter in the snow, lays over and can hold a line just as easy, if not better than the pro rmk. The power of the etec vs the power of the pro is a night and day difference. I rode an xp before I bought my pro and the steering isn't that different really for me, the Doo steering kind of dips on one side when you turn which sets your body in an easier position to rip a carve uphill etc.. I love riding my pro but the power and nimble, predictable handling of the XM is what made me jump ship back to Doo for next season.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my pro have had nothing but good times on it, going to ride a new xm this weekend should help me decide to snow check another pro, I can't see it pulling harder than my pro

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just going to start this out by saying I am probly going to snow check an xm, but if the pro had the etec in it, this would be a totally diffrent conversation.

I always thought that a vertical steering post was for mountain riding and an angled post was more for trail riding?

Seems to me that this xm belongs to a fairly technical rider.....hopefully he can talk doo into a more vertical post.

That's Ras's sled? Then your question is rhetorical, because there are no videos of him riding an XM. Just talk, lots of talk.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to snow check not loyal to any brand having a hard time deciding between 2014 Pro or Summit XM. From what I read both seem to be really good machines, both seem to have minor issues not totally sure if there fixed yet. Looking for best sled for te best price. Need help deciding pease.

There you go buddy. 8 pages and the general consensus is Doo. Next thread... ;)

starfire72

Reaction score
You clearly don't have much seat time on the XM to make a statement like that.

Bottom line the pro rmk is a good sled and would be my second choice as a mountain sled. But in reality it's a poor product in comparison to the XM. Fit and finish of the rmk is "fisher price" compared to the XM. The engine lacks horsepower and anyone who says the XM does not perform 10+hp better than the pro rmk hasn't done enough testing. The skidoo XM pops up ontop of the snow like no other machine I have ridden. Yes the rmk does this much better than the cat but it does not pull itself out of the deep snow like a 16 wide sled with good power and the effective low end clutching of the Etec. More benifits like the 16 wide track ( let's face it we are buying mountain sleds trying to float on 3 feet of snow don't kid yourself a 15 wide track belongs on the trails). The Etec power plant has proven durable and is extremely clean and efficient. I can fire 3 of them up in y enclosed trailer and they make less smoke than a cat or pro rmk at idle. Fuel consumption on the Etec is second to none and oil consumption is very good. Not any better at full throttle all day but of you have a mixed day it will barely go down on the reservoir. The summit model sleds now come with a 2.5" proven design track which is basically a replica of the camo extreme. Everyone and there dog puts the camo extreme 2.5 on there sleds as an upgrade including pro rmk owners so why not buy the sled that comes with one from the factory? Save yourself 1500$ right there. The XM is truly the only mountain specific sled on the market. The pro rmk is a stretched trail sled like all brands were up until 2013 with the release of the skidoo XM. The t motion skid and flex track are innovations brought to the mountain segment exclusively and they WORK. The running boards are mountain specific and work wonders. Haven't had to clear my boards all year. Some other features I like about the XM is the warm glove box in the front. Keeps my electronics warm and they work much better and are easily accessible for those moments when you need it right now. Black coated tunnels are very sharp. Pro rmk gets boring aluminum color. One of the key differences is the way the steering system works on the two machines. One steers flat and one moves with your body. The way the flat pro rmk steering functions it works against you for backcountry riding and is not ideal. It is made to work but it is not correct for technical riding. But in reality tons of people like this setup so really I urge you to ride both and see which one feels comfortable to you. If your in valemount drop me a line you can try out my XM. And yes contact Trent at Martin south side he will take care of you if you decide to sway towards an XM. My group picked up 4 XM this season and no issues his far other than the recall which was not a problem for us. The XM will pull your arms off and keep tractoring up the hill like a goat. The sled just works and will get you back to the truck at the end of the day. 3000+km for me this season on the XM and loving every minute. I still shake my head when I look down and see where this machine has taken me.

I DO AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE CAMO EXTREME IS THE TRACK OF CHOICE, HATS OFF TO SKIDOO FOR SECUREING THE USE OF THAT DESIGN...BUT...
1500 for a track????? where are you buying your stuff??? am i the only one who gets tired of this guys KNOWLEDGE ??? i bought my track new for 950 and sold my stock track for 600.. when i went to school that was a difference of 350. not a 1500 dollar upgrade. just in case i was the only one who calls BS. RIDE WHATEVER YOU WANT AND STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE YOUR THE BEST, ALL MANUFACTURES MAKE A GOOD SLED WITH DIFFERENT PURPOSES, CHIOOSE WHAT SUITS YOU AND SHUT UP

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I DO AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE CAMO EXTREME IS THE TRACK OF CHOICE, HATS OFF TO SKIDOO FOR SECUREING THE USE OF THAT DESIGN...BUT...
1500 for a track????? where are you buying your stuff??? am i the only one who gets tired of this guys KNOWLEDGE ??? i bought my track new for 950 and sold my stock track for 600.. when i went to school that was a difference of 350. not a 1500 dollar upgrade. just in case i was the only one who calls BS. RIDE WHATEVER YOU WANT AND STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE EVERYONE YOUR THE BEST, ALL MANUFACTURES MAKE A GOOD SLED WITH DIFFERENT PURPOSES, CHIOOSE WHAT SUITS YOU AND SHUT UP

Take a breather man holy chit. Your making too many assumptions. #1- your assuming everyone can wrench on there sled and feels comfortable doing a track swap which is not the case lots go to custom sled shop and will be paying 300+ labor. #2- your assuming everyone pays for a track what you pay. And your right I only pay 900 for that track also but someone who walks into a local sled shop may pay 900-1200 you just don't know. #3 - you need to install 3.0 pitch drivers. 400$. #4- what's your time worth? For me dropping 15,000 on a new sled then having to swap out the track is unacceptable. We don't all have time to track down the parts and do the swap. Some just one to buy and ride.
#5- I've tried to sell stock takeoff tracks for 650$....good on you for getting that but realistically most will get 300. They aren't hot items unless someone is looking to do a budget extension job otherwise they would be throwing an extreme underneath Aswell.

Chill your bones my 1500$ number takes into consideration a lot of factors other than what the purchase price of the track is. My point is this sled comes factory with the track most people prefer and switch too so it's just a factor to consider when making a new sled purchase. I'm sorry you don't think I'm knowledgable but I've built countless mod sleds and spent more days in the hills than at home so I know what I'm talking about but clearly not as much as you so I am sorry for that. Maybe one day!

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a breather man holy chit. Your making too many assumptions. #1- your assuming everyone can wrench on there sled and feels comfortable doing a track swap which is not the case lots go to custom sled shop and will be paying 300+ labor. #2- your assuming everyone pays for a track what you pay. And your right I only pay 900 for that track also but someone who walks into a local sled shop may pay 900-1200 you just don't know. #3 - you need to install 3.0 pitch drivers. 400$. #4- what's your time worth? For me dropping 15,000 on a new sled then having to swap out the track is unacceptable. We don't all have time to track down the parts and do the swap. Some just one to buy and ride.
#5- I've tried to sell stock takeoff tracks for 650$....good on you for getting that but realistically most will get 300. They aren't hot items unless someone is looking to do a budget extension job otherwise they would be throwing an extreme underneath Aswell.

Chill your bones my 1500$ number takes into consideration a lot of factors other than what the purchase price of the track is. My point is this sled comes factory with the track most people prefer and switch too so it's just a factor to consider when making a new sled purchase. I'm sorry you don't think I'm knowledgable but I've built countless mod sleds and spent more days in the hills than at home so I know what I'm talking about but clearly not as much as you so I am sorry for that. Maybe one day!

THIS. Im getting sick of people bashing on maxwell for giving his honest opinion on his likes and dislikes and his experiences...No I'm not being a maxwell fanboy, im just saying that the whole point of this website is to share things like maxwell does, not flame him like he gets every thread. HES CONTRIBUTING, WHAT ARE THE REST OF YOU DOING WITH YOUR POSTS??? You flexed your dik showing you got a good deal on a track over what you thought maxwell paid, GOOD JOB, now post something useful nextime.

loudmouth+coke

Reaction score
Who spent $15-16,000 on a polaris?
I snowchecked my 13 last spring - a 155 Pro RMK Retro for $11,900 including freight & pdi (non retro was $11,700), plus their $49 doc fee, from Cycle works. I assume the sleds they are now selling for $10,900 are not snowcheck models, likely not even Pro RMKs.
Only guys buying Doos were spending $15,000+ on the machine itself.

Opinions are like azzholes and there are lots of azzholes on here. Ride them both and decide for yourself. Personally I like the XM and think the value for the money is better. Ie. more technology in the motor, better track, fit and finish feels better. Also they hold their value better since they still sell for msrp at the end of the season whereas Polaris blows out the Pro for $10900. I would be choked if I spent $15-$16k on a snowcheck and then some guy waited two months longer and only paid $11k.
:D

Maxwe

Reaction score
HOLD the phone guys. Lets not trash talk maxwell as he is doing what the post asked. Shovelking asked for help deciding. maxwell gave him his look on it. Now for me i am not 26 but 56 so may be that makes a difference? who cares. Here is my two bits. I do own both the 2013 Polaris 163 and Skidoo 163 and let me frame it up this way, keeping in mind I am a LONG time Polaris rider, the Polaris has 720 kilometers and the skidoo has 1870 kilometers

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLD the phone guys. Lets not trash talk maxwell as he is doing what the post asked. Shovelking asked for help deciding. maxwell gave him his look on it. Now for me i am not 26 but 56 so may be that makes a difference? who cares. Here is my two bits. I do own both the 2013 Polaris 163 and Skidoo 163 and let me frame it up this way, keeping in mind I am a LONG time Polaris rider, the Polaris has 720 kilometers and the skidoo has 1870 kilometers

Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. Bought a new Pro (much to my dismay) and a new XM and rode the Pro twice and kept the Doo. Said there was no comparison. He also rides a turbo Nytro as well.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who spent $15-16,000 on a polaris?
I snowchecked my 13 last spring - a 155 Pro RMK Retro for $11,900 including freight & pdi (non retro was $11,700), plus their $49 doc fee, from Cycle works. I assume the sleds they are now selling for $10,900 are not snowcheck models, likely not even Pro RMKs.
Only guys buying Doos were spending $15,000+ on the machine itself.
How much was your warrenty?

Top Bottom