New Pro against Etec

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, anyone out there ran the new pro against the etec yet stock to stock. Everyone wants to know the truth on these two sleds against each other.

keep it honest to guys.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give it a couple weeks, I'll try to even take some video.

Have both sitting in the garage this year, are they still stock ifthe have handguards?? lol

turbo RMK

Reaction score
saw a pro rmk 163 out climb a e-tec in valemount on the weekend but it might of been the drivers.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw a pro rmk 163 out climb a e-tec in valemount on the weekend but it might of been the drivers.

Hmmm, I think we'll have to see if fredw has anything to say about this, because on his planet there is no way in he!! that a Pro will beat an XP.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I think we'll have to see if fredw has anything to say about this, because on his planet there is no way in he!! that a Pro will beat an XP.

LOL, no kidding. On his planet a full boost t-pex won't beat HIS XP.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode both, the E-TEC has more power and traction. I ride the E-TEC but this was clear to the Pro owner too. Other than that all I can say is neither of us can ride the others sled as it feels way too weird to both of us. The conditions would not allow for a fair up hill race.

Last edited:

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was in vale on the weekend and me and my riding partner who has another e tec both brand new were pulling a big deep snow hill, we get to the bottom and there is 2 163 pros there, we stop by them and they watched us pull the hill and i was scratchin at the top, i asked the guys to give it a go and they bailed, started their sleds and took off:confused: true story, i could have had a comparison but no one wanted to play.:d

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lennny .... where did i ever say i beat a full boosted t-pex, not even sure what sled your refering to:nono:... nice try

as for the pro, as others have said, been their, done that, not really comparable

LOL, no kidding. On his planet a full boost t-pex won't beat HIS XP.

threeamigoes

Reaction score
new denver.
-E-TEC 163 ran like crap
-155 PRO out climbed E-TEC
- both stock

Unless you are there to see it in person who do you believe

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was in vale on the weekend and me and my riding partner who has another e tec both brand new were pulling a big deep snow hill, we get to the bottom and there is 2 163 pros there, we stop by them and they watched us pull the hill and i was scratchin at the top, i asked the guys to give it a go and they bailed, started their sleds and took off:confused: true story, i could have had a comparison but no one wanted to play.:d

I got one to test at least this pro will have a 3 inch track like YOURS.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got one to test at least this pro will have a 3 inch track like YOURS.

sounds good but i guess i better get the 174 on also like your doing and we can compare no problem, then finally we can do some honest test runs and i have only 200 miles before my sled is finally broke in, cant wait. :d

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good but i guess i better get the 174 on also like your doing and we can compare no problem, then finally we can do some honest test runs and i have only 200 miles before my sled is finally broke in, cant wait. :d

Your 16 wide should make up the diffrence.

TimG

Reaction score
as for the pro, as others have said, been their, done that, not really comparable

Yeah, they're not really comparable at all. Go check out SW; the Pro is eating the E-Tec alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmr1964

Reaction score
hi guys im new to this forum but what i see here is nothing but comparisons on which sled out climbs the other. what about all out ease of sidehilling and just being able to throw your sled around.i have owned all three sleds and the rmk is definitely the most nimble and has the best balance point out of any sled produced to this day.also a big plus for me as i do like to work on them myself is that polaris really did their homework on the new pro ride.this sled is the easiest to access the engine.(approx 5 min)and thats all sides.the throttle cable(a wear and tear item takes approx 10 min to change)try that on an xp, impossible.and lets not get into the longevity of the primary clutches.i could go on forever about the difficulty of working on xps. but anyone that has attempted it knows what im saying. hense the purchase of the polaris.the cat definitly is a performer but the chassis needs to change up.been the same since 05.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the xp isnt the greatest to work on but it sure isnt tough by any means with the right tools.

but you are right highmarking is a small portion of sledding more needs to be compared.

i need to get some more seat time on this sled.

Top Bottom