New ford super crew... 5.5 or 6.5 bed.... help?

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im torn on this, i know a quad will fit with tailgate down on a 5.5 box...
but would the tailgate close with a 6.5 box?

And is the extra length that noticeable when driving/parking?

I know the 6.5 box will make it too hard to park it in a standard garage, but i park outside so not an issue... any suggestions?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im torn on this, i know a quad will fit with tailgate down on a 5.5 box...
but would the tailgate close with a 6.5 box?

And is the extra length that noticeable when driving/parking?

I know the 6.5 box will make it too hard to park it in a standard garage, but i park outside so not an issue... any suggestions?

Get the bigger box. Just that much easier to haul your quad.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with 6.5 . Why have a pick up if you can't put anything in the back.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some quads will fit in a 6.5 box some will need a small riser in the front IMO the 5.5 box is useless

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy has a lariat with the 5.5 its basically a trunk cant haul to much at ALL!!! If your buying brand new you wont want to run with the tail gate down on gravel/winter roads you will chip the f**K out of it lots of guys dont realize this until its to late. I wouldnt consider a 5.5 box period

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with 6.5 . Why have a pick up if you can't put anything in the back.

I disagree. I bought my wife the 5.5' box. She loves it small enough that she can park or get around any where. Still haul garbage to the dump, haul lawn mowers around pretty much everything. I use it all the time to haul my quad even my sled in the winter some times. And leaving the tailgate down doesn't chip the chit out of the paint. Ps I own 2 other trucks with 8' beds and this one is just as versatile.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I bought my wife the 5.5' box. She loves it small enough that she can park or get around any where. Still haul garbage to the dump, haul lawn mowers around pretty much everything. I use it all the time to haul my quad even my sled in the winter some times. And leaving the tailgate down doesn't chip the chit out of the paint. Ps I own 2 other trucks with 8' beds and this one is just as versatile.

Each to there own............if i bought my wife one she'd have a smaller box as well:rolleyes:

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to put anything in the box go with the 6.5 its just easier. My gf has the 5.5 and it looks good its easy for her to park, but even she wishes she had the 6.5 when she goes shopping lol

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '10 Screw with 5.5 box, its a little small. If I was doing it again I would look at a Scab with a 6.5 box. I don't like the Screw with 6.5 box cause its a tank! For now I want to get a bed extender, that should work pretty good for what I'm doing.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have paved clear roads all the way to your trails???? Cause buddys tailgate says otherwise

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have paved clear roads all the way to your trails???? Cause buddys tailgate says otherwise

Lol, like buddy says to each there own, but my tailgate says different, sorry to hear about your buddies

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went with the 6.5 bed

LOVE IT

photo-5.jpg

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tailgate won't quite close with my quad in a 6'5" box....and it's not a big quad. Just a 400 Eiger. I've owned quite a few short box trucks through the years and cursed every one of them. Don't know why I keep buying them. 8' is the only way to go if you use your truck as a truck.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some quads will fit in a 6.5 box some will need a small riser in the front IMO the 5.5 box is useless

he's right... my 12 grizzly will fit in a 6.5 box then I switched to 27's with good tred and no more... then i tried a short riser and fits perfect

Top Bottom