New Cabin at Eagles Pass left messy!!!

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will kick it in ppl trashed a few of our cabins back east to the point of almost not being worth fixing most damage happened in the summer
going into bolder couldn't believe the garbage on the trail almost got run over trying to pick it up man big groups fly up the trail

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is no better on the local trails around Edmonton. Took the family for a ride on Alberta Beach trail system on the weekend and by the time we got back to the truck the storage compartment on all 3 sleds were full of cans,bar wrappers and other garbage. S@#t like this is why riding areas are gettin closed and why clubs are losing right of ways on private land.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pisses me off when I see people tossing their stuff in the trash can. We are 30km in the bush you think the garbage truck comes to get that? No if you brought it in take it back out with you. Most of our cabins have no groomer access so it is a select few that have to drag up a skimmer and haul garbage and empties back out.
My riding group has nicknamed me Relic for stopping and picking up the trash on the trails. Every christmas thru new years season I see the herd that comes out west leave their garbage in the cabins with overflowing garbage bins. They don't pack anything out. Guess they figure the 20 buck fee covers waste disposal.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am surprised no one ever caught these people in the act at these cabins.and if was just you and it was group of people what would you do?

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These type of folks exist in society and do not give a rats ass about throwing there garbage anywhere

My guess is there lifestyle was there Mommy cleaned up after them and they Never learned what this is all about
Pack it In Pack It Out

Come On you sloppy Sledders get with it
Its not hard "You packed it in" "Now Pack It Out"

Birdie

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were up there Friday till late and there was a group of guys sloshed been in the cabin for a couple hours and they left the place a mess our group packed out a bit of what we could.... everyone talks tough on here but the last thing I feel like doing is getting into it up on the hill with a bunch of drunks

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These type of folks exist in society and do not give a rats ass about throwing there garbage anywhere

My guess is there lifestyle was there Mommy cleaned up after them and they Never learned what this is all about
Pack it In Pack It Out

Come On you sloppy Sledders get with it
Its not hard "You packed it in" "Now Pack It Out"

Birdie

C'mon Birdie!!! It's not COOL to pack 12 "empties" out!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every summer I seem to load up the box of the ranger when out riding trails with beer cans. What else can you get paid for tax free to recycle, my daughter calls each can disney money!
The approaches along higways with mcdonalds bags burns me up too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
we were up there Friday till late and there was a group of guys sloshed been in the cabin for a couple hours and they left the place a mess our group packed out a bit of what we could.... everyone talks tough on here but the last thing I feel like doing is getting into it up on the hill with a bunch of drunks

A lot of truth there ^^^^^^^^^^^^

All the talking in the world on forums isn't going to change the younger generation. It will be a long, slow process and in the meantime we, the snowmobile community and back-country users, will get a bad rap because of it.

In the mean time, I pick-up what I can......:d

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok Senior
I guess I got caught packing out 12 empty beer cans and No I did not drink them
Thats my story and I am sticking to it
I agree with Ferniesnow
we just need to do what we can

I do think we can talk with these type of folks without confrontation and try to be patient with these Slackers
I think the tone on here is right as we should all be pissed at them
I love riding in the mountains and donot want my area closed because some tird cannot clean up after himself

birdie

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
People are lazy and don't give a chit about anyone but themselves.Even in town they will throw garbage out the window in a parking lot instead of walking 3 steps to a garbage can.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new cabin is pretty nice. I enjoyed my 5 min warm up in there waiting for my crew. Let's keep it clean! :)

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People are lazy and don't give a chit about anyone but themselves.Even in town they will throw garbage out the window in a parking lot instead of walking 3 steps to a garbage can.

Yah i dont understand that. Went sledding. Guys had beers on the way to sledding. Threw bottles out windows. Then sledding had beers and left them in the fields. Wtf. Its super easy to pack your **** back up.

Not to mention they must have had 6 beer each. After the ride home one guys like man with the creeks and culverts its fawking dangerous out there. Haha ****.

Last edited:

bennito

Reaction score
OMG you guys need to learn to sack up!! You sound like the kind of neighbor's that just call by-law on everyone with out the courtesy of actually trying to deal with things your self's. Go keyboard warriors!!!

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
At the rate we are evolving snowmobiling in the back country will be just a fond memory.
Watch see.

Drifter1

Reaction score
OMG you guys need to learn to sack up!! You sound like the kind of neighbor's that just call by-law on everyone with out the courtesy of actually trying to deal with things your self's. Go keyboard warriors!!!

Trust me if I would of seen some buddy leave there crap there I would of said something. Unfortunatly I didn't so this was the next best option. We have to be together as a sled community on this stuff our the only riding you will be doing is on some grain field east of Calgary!

bennito

Reaction score
Trust me if I would of seen some buddy leave there crap there I would of said something. Unfortunatly I didn't so this was the next best option. We have to be together as a sled community on this stuff our the only riding you will be doing is on some grain field east of Calgary!
For three bottles and a bag of jerky it would take less time to throw it out than it would to take your camera out and bitch about it. Ive been in the back country for over 25 years and ive packed out alot of other peoples **** and i do this as a courtesy cause one day god forbid i might forget a bag of beef jerky my self.

bennito

Reaction score
For three bottles and a bag of jerky it would take less time to throw it out than it would to take your camera out and bitch about it. Ive been in the back country for over 25 years and ive packed out alot of other peoples **** and i do this as a courtesy cause one day god forbid i might forget a bag of beef jerky my self.
I also do not ride some areas because of this problem. but if all people do is bitch on forums like this we are going no wear, cause the people that do this **** don't read this! or care about the mountains! or any of our lively hood!.bottom line if you are the last out do your part, and if you see a jack ass being a pig DO YOUR PART!! and dont let that **** slide

Drifter1

Reaction score
I also do not ride some areas because of this problem. but if all people do is bitch on forums like this we are going no wear, cause the people that do this **** don't read this! or care about the mountains! or any of our lively hood!.bottom line if you are the last out do your part, and if you see a jack ass being a pig DO YOUR PART!! and dont let that **** slide

Easy there killer. I pack out other people's **** all the time. By the time I got to the cabin I was all ready pissed about all the other **** I had picked up on the trail. I wasnt just 3 bottles and a bag of jerky there was **** all over. I am sorry next time I will bring my sleigh up so I can haul everybody's **** out. If this thread clues one person in that it unacceptable to leave your **** every where then its worth it. Pull your head out of your ass.

Top Bottom