New Cabin at Eagles Pass left messy!!!

Drifter1

Reaction score
I was up at Eagles Pass today and stopped at the new cabin. I couldn't believe the garbage and bottles cans etc left all over the place. With all the hard work and money spent on that place and the time spent by volunteers, I can imagine this would be a real slap in the face to them.

Personally I think this is a black eye to the sledding community.

Cabin looks really great, lets keep it that way!

Attachments

• IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 931
  • IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 933

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no excuse for the mess left there. People just don't appreciate the efforts of others. This probably won't change much throughout the season. Maybe the club could make the best of human behaviour and put in a recycle bin. By the looks of things, they might recover the cost of a tank of fuel for the groomer.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We also noticed this mess, unfortunately some people just don't care. We cleaned it up. Your welcome to whom left the mess. Perhaps we should drop the bottles off on your front lawn. I've also been noticing drink containers on lakes and randomly on the trail. Please pack out what you bring in thanks

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt left by people that know and count on someone else cleaning up after them.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is becoming the norm for the sicamous cabins during the xmas break. Once the herd leaves it gets better.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is becoming the norm for the sicamous cabins during the xmas break. Once the herd leaves it gets better.

That is true but still wrong! I live there part time and we never leave crap behind! This last trip I didn't even get to the cabin too much fun playing but would have been upset with this for sure!

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone carries a phone, if you can inadvertly take pic of them and there sleds and pos on here, but be kind, there parents were kind the them as kids. NEED THERE BACK SIDE KICK A FEW TIMES, AND THERE PARENTS NEED IT TO

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And for the time it takes, check you tunnel bags to make sure their closed, cant count how many times I've come up on someone and their bag is open and their response is..Oh well just lost a couple pops. Those lost "pops" are garbage on the trails or back country.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong as the garbage left by others shouldn't be the responsibility of the club members but keeping it clean is the "cost of doo-ing business"......

There will always be some garbage left behind (the way society is today) and that has to be cleaned up regularly and there needs to be a place for some people to put their garbage (Yes, they should pack it out, but if someone leaves chit around, someone should have a place to put when they clean it a little. The over filled garbage can won't cut it.). It the cabin is cleaned and finished, sledders will have pride in it. It looks like they ran out of weather to finish the inside but a couple days work and the sheathing could be done, the excess poly trimmed, and the windows/doors finished. It would probably go a long way to keeping the cabin in better shape.

Every time the groomer goes buy, stop and pick up the garbage, do a little clean-up, and keep it presentable. Don't get me wrong, people should pack out their own garbage but they don't and guys like E-Zmoke shouldn't have to but that is life this day and age and it isn't going to change anytime soon......

I am not their Mother, but I am a groomer operator and it goes with the territory!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pisses me off when I see people tossing their stuff in the trash can. We are 30km in the bush you think the garbage truck comes to get that? No if you brought it in take it back out with you. Most of our cabins have no groomer access so it is a select few that have to drag up a skimmer and haul garbage and empties back out.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are lucky in Fernie as the cabins are on our grooming route. But I never leave a thing at any of the cabins I go to. as a matter of fact I always get back to the truck with some trash I find on the trail out. How hard is it to stop and toss a can, a blown belt in your bag, that someone else left behind. Something else that can help is to stop and do some trail maintenance, toss a rock off the trail, limb that branch that everyone is going around... the little things go a long way.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a common theme at most areas. I was in Quartz back in December and had to pick up someone's protein drink cans that were tossed on the ground in the middle of one of the meadows. Then get into the cabin and witness the mess in there. Never used to see this type of behaviour but it seems to be happening more and more.

I just can't understand it since everything is lighter and easier to pack once it is ate or drank than when it was brought in.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont even bother putting a bin there if you want people to pack out there stuff it doesnt even give them a choice that way

Tried that. Then you need to gather it up off the floor! At least if it is in the garbage can I can throw it in the groomer tub without needing to gather it up.

Top Bottom