CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
550135_369340893111099_119660308079160_1106511_376923423_n.jpg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was useless that i post this thread all i got was get a sled

2up outlander 1000 with a turbo kit and nitrous, 6" highlifter, windshield, handwarmers, 4500lb winch front and rear, 31-10.50-15 super swamper boggers, gorilla axles. Done.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was brought up skiing..was put on skiies at 6 and made my living skiing as an instructor and mogul freestyle coach for many years.. thats why i did not take up sleds.. i have been with friends, sleding but we have groups that ride with there quads every weekend in the winter... sleds are for golden, reve, places like that... to go to Maclean or ghost area's with a sled is useless really cause pow is the best to ride anyways... even when it snows we ride.. you can push a foot of snow easy, not as fast as a sled but here around calgary we can curise most trails pretty damn fast.. we cover on average per day about 80 to 90 K from 11am till like 4 with some good breaks.. so we crusise pretty fast.. lots of fun.. around here its a shame to take a sled to these places.. they belong in the mountians where it is fun.. not on our trails here cause lots of our trails are not made for snowmobiling down south here...

not knockin sleddin.. love the sport but just dont do it.. quadding in the winter for me is every weekend. lots of times for both sat. and sunday.. riding every weekend is what it is about.. wish i could get out more.. thats why i have 7150 K in 2 years on my quad....lol

now to seriously answer your question.... to build the best quad for winter? first of all answer me this... do you have 30 grand.. if so, i can give you a list of what you need...mind you they also work well in stock form too.. depends what you want... for you, since your young.. stick to stock.. unless you have donaros to build one...

islander408

Reaction score
Might not be the quad that will pass thru the most snow since am only 17 so i don't have 30k to put in s quad but ill still try for some kin of outlaw even if it only 26" outlaw the paddle good in the snow

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That size of tire i be breaking more parts the riding it[/QUOTE
and you will too with the tires you want to put on.. i will give you my 2 cents... stick with a tire like a bighorn for the snow...
lots of lugs= more surface area the tire can float once it gets spinning.. tires with lots of lugs actually dont dig down but come to the surface, so to speak and move thru the snow
now tires like zilla's work great in the snow too but what i have noticed is the techically that type of tire digs to the bottom more and slows you down... when you go to big spaces
between lugs you dont have the surface area needed to float some but just dig down to the bottom.. also that type of tire is crappier on ice cause not enough surface area to grip on like lets
say a bighorn has... this is not my reasoning, that has been proven by people who make a lliving driving these things.. but what do i know?

i have probably got 5000k out of my 7150K on my machine in the winter.. i ride mainly with people that have bigger tires and lots have mud tires like what you want or what ever and none of them have ever, ever went further than i have gone.. where they can go in the winter, i can too and i have proven that... take it from there

Last edited:

Dwishl

Reaction score
Up to how many inches.. 30?

For snow, in some capacity, you have to eventually float..

Floating dosent happen on quads in snow unless you got balloons for tires, with wider tires you are pushing snow causing more work and more spinning. This means stuck more

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i can see that..

So why would you quad in any substantial amount of snow unless you had to? Isn't that what tracks and sleds are for?? LOL

Floating dosent happen on quads in snow unless you got balloons for tires, with wider tires you are pushing snow causing more work and more spinning. This means stuck more

Dwishl

Reaction score
ya i can see that..

So why would you quad in any substantial amount of snow unless you had to? Isn't that what tracks and sleds are for?? LOL

I got a sled for a reason haha, just giving the guy some advice for his snow quad I guess.

Top Bottom