Need to be schooled on turbos

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the oil pump mine runs, I think its just a re branded version of what kingcat posted.

05-10882.jpg

https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catal...6WJPE4br2TjkrqZ2uQhSknODcHBTq26xoC-tgQAvD_BwE

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off you had better find the right electric oil pump and put it on. If the oil pump is pulling that much power that it is pulling the voltage down enough to throw codes you are likely to fry something. Adding electric start likely won't solve this, if the pump pulls that much power the sled probably won't keep the battery charged. I'm still a believer that you might have other electrical gremlins as well though.

Second, I really question how your mechanic will lubricate the turbo with the stock oil pump that requires you to mix fuel. The turbo kits that do this (MTNTK) run the oil through the turbo and back to the engine so the oil still does the same thing it just takes a longer path. You cannot delete the oil pump or oil systems on these engines, there is no way to get oil into the bottom end from mixing fuel (except through your auxiliary injectors from the turbo). IMO mixing fuel on these turbos is a must anyway, it helps add extra lube to the top end and adds a little extra to the bottom end while on boost with the auxiliary injectors firing.

Third, you probably want to get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator for your sled. What it does is add fuel pressure at a 1:1 ratio with increasing boost pressure. Whats happening now is as you get to boost your effective fuel pressure decreases, if you make 40 psi of fuel pressure at 8 psi boost you effectively only have 32 psi of fuel pressure. You need a rising rate regulator to get you 48 psi on boost to get you back to 40 psi effective pressure.

It's possibly going to be a long road ahead to get this running right, piecing a kit together is difficult and expensive when you have to pay someone to fix it for you.

Okay, thanks for the input man.

Yep, Shawn is good at what he does but I can’t afford to take it to any shop anymore. I will be doing the wrenching from now on.

That’s what I was thinking as well/you advised to me before, about the pump ‘delete’, he runs it that way on his twisted cat but I’m sure twisted has a different setup then polaris/silber

As far as the oil pump goes do you think I should source it directly from silber then?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a facet one at pa that looked like yours I decided to go with the larger one, but same deal I suppose.
Can you give me a run through of your wiring setup?

There is a 12 volt power plug in the wiring harness velcro bag over the primary clutch, the power for everything turbo related on my sled comes from there, fuel controller, water pump, oil pump. Should be more than enough power.

My wideband O2 gauge pulls power off the 2 prong plug right below the headlight though, these can pull a fair bit of power on sensor warmup so Boost-It showed to wire them there.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the input man.

Yep, Shawn is good at what he does but I can’t afford to take it to any shop anymore. I will be doing the wrenching from now on.

That’s what I was thinking as well/you advised to me before, about the pump ‘delete’, he runs it that way on his twisted cat but I’m sure twisted has a different setup then polaris/silber

As far as the oil pump goes do you think I should source it directly from silber then?

Post a picture of the old oil pump and setup. I'm pretty sure the silbers run a standard garrett turbo like mine, I don't see why that pump I posted wouldn't work for it.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a facet one at pa that looked like yours I decided to go with the larger one, but same deal I suppose.
Can you give me a run through of your wiring setup?
Wire the black to chassis ground and run the red off just about any wire you want that is hot when the sled is running - I have an aftermarket electric water pump - an electric oil pump and a mtnk blowhole kit and 6 more brushless fans all running off an accessory red wire with an inline fuse with a 10 amp fuse - no issues - I can hear the blowhole at idle so if my fan is running I'm Goldy buds race ready lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo you mean pay someone to take my sled lol. I’m not selling it man, i don’t give up that easy. Just looking for opinions preferably on the three options listed

Appreciate your input though

OK do what you want. been there done that, got the t shirt.

I'll keep an eye out for your bankruptcy thread....

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wire the black to chassis ground and run the red off just about any wire you want that is hot when the sled is running - I have an aftermarket electric water pump - an electric oil pump and a mtnk blowhole kit and 6 more brushless fans all running off an accessory red wire with an inline fuse with a 10 amp fuse - no issues - I can hear the blowhole at idle so if my fan is running I'm Goldy buds race ready lol

You have to be careful what wire you are running off of, these polaris have both 12 volt AC and DC circuits.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You boys are quick to reply, I really appreciate the help! What I currently have is below, there is only a hot coming out unlike your Holley/facet

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You boys are quick to reply, I really appreciate the help! What I currently have is below, there is only a hot coming out unlike your Holley/facet

It's rated at 1.5 amps like mine, so shouldn't be pulling to much power. Unless it's wired to the wrong hot wire, if it was wired to the 12 volt ac system it might do that, are the headlights super dim now? They are also wired to the ac side.

If you send me your email I can send you the instructions from my kit, totally different I know but might clarify some things like 12 volt power.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update: I sent my ecu to silber for a reflash, making my kit a ‘tunerless’ setup.
Ill be changing the stock injectors to larger ones and unplugging my current aux injectors, and removing the aftermarket FPR. Fingers crossed this fixes my issues.

I also ordered Silber’s turbo oil reservoir delete kit, this will make my sleds ves run through the turbo like their new setups. So I’ll be getting rid of my facet pump and the reservoir itself.

They have some good instructions on their site for how to do this but if any of you turbo guys have some tips/tricks for me that’d be helpful.

Once it’s all ‘upgraded’ I’m thinking I’ll be taking some time off work to find any kind of snow lol

By the end of i I’ll have a spare redline g2 controller and a facet pump and oil reservoir if any one is in need lol

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda seems like they are going with the same technology that my 13 pro has with a mtntk kit in it. Only difference is that kit is 7 years old and silber is just now coming to the table. I am sure it is going to run sooooo much better now, I just wonder why some company’s are so far behind. Is it pride? Are they too proud to say that the next guy actually has some good ideas and then want to build from them? I can’t say for sure... but reading your post brings me back to then days when I decided that mtntk was the kit for me. And for the record, that thing has like 4000 10psi boosted kms on it and works like it should. Hard to buy new when my old junk is working so good still lol.

update: I sent my ecu to silber for a reflash, making my kit a ‘tunerless’ setup.
Ill be changing the stock injectors to larger ones and unplugging my current aux injectors, and removing the aftermarket FPR. Fingers crossed this fixes my issues.

I also ordered Silber’s turbo oil reservoir delete kit, this will make my sleds ves run through the turbo like their new setups. So I’ll be getting rid of my facet pump and the reservoir itself.

They have some good instructions on their site for how to do this but if any of you turbo guys have some tips/tricks for me that’d be helpful.

Once it’s all ‘upgraded’ I’m thinking I’ll be taking some time off work to find any kind of snow lol

By the end of i I’ll have a spare redline g2 controller and a facet pump and oil reservoir if any one is in need lol

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even MTNTK tried to go back to the tuner, last year I believe. Then they changed back to the reflash. I could be wrong, but that’s what I remember

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinda seems like they are going with the same technology that my 13 pro has with a mtntk kit in it. Only difference is that kit is 7 years old and silber is just now coming to the table. I am sure it is going to run sooooo much better now, I just wonder why some company’s are so far behind. Is it pride? Are they too proud to say that the next guy actually has some good ideas and then want to build from them? I can’t say for sure... but reading your post brings me back to then days when I decided that mtntk was the kit for me. And for the record, that thing has like 4000 10psi boosted kms on it and works like it should. Hard to buy new when my old junk is working so good still lol.

My first day on this turbo I was broke down right before lucille cabin. A couple guys stopped to make sure I was alright, one guy had a 14 pro with the mtnk kit, man that’s a clean setup. I was pretty much instantly jealous lol

But ya I’m really hoping the tuner delete kit fixes my issues.

I hope to be at the point where my sled runs so well I don’t even consider uprgrading...I feel like that’s the ‘Canadian dream’ lol

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even MTNTK tried to go back to the tuner, last year I believe. Then they changed back to the reflash. I could be wrong, but that’s what I remember

Odd, I wonder if it’s just because guys can play with tuners to get exactly what they want, and tunerless is sort of cookie cutter?

Top Bottom