Need some cable scratchers.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting the sled away and going through it so it's ready for next season. Broke a a scratcher and want to go the cable set up. Can't find any local.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. Gave Jan a call, she's on the hunt for a set.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey did you fix Katie's sled yet?
Yep sure did. Left the sway bar off , had it out once. alls good. The hole I had to cut out to remove all the damage on the bottom is filled in with the new piece of bulkhead.I found a bent shock as well :-(

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I wouldn't waste your money. The only time mine touch the snow is when I'm in deep powder. Not very impressed.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set I put on halfway through the season. I hate em. You can have em for free if you want
Really! Can't beat that deal. I have them on Katies sled and they are working well. As mentioned you have to have them pointed down or if you want more pressure turn them so they are faced forward a bit. I had issues with the one side always coming lose but a few hacksaw marks across the mounting surface resolved the issue.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problems I found were that they didnt even stay in the snow when they were down and when I put them up they would just fall off all the time. Its like they were too stiff. And they scratched up my pretty gold rails!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting the sled away and going through it so it's ready for next season. Broke a a scratcher and want to go the cable set up. Can't find any local.

There was a guy on here that had some were a spring type with a extra scratcher on the end, and you could reverse with them. They look like they would work real well! Can't remember who had them but I bet someone else will remember and post a link!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There was a guy on here that had some were a spring type with a extra scratcher on the end, and you could reverse with them. They look like they would work real well! Can't remember who had them but I bet someone else will remember and post a link!

I don't know if this was the thread or not but there is a spring type that is reversible. Dave Norona put this short video on YouTube.

https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/cool-new-scratchers-69471.html

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read a post somewhere on a guy using the standard spring type of scratchers, and instead of installing the foward end of the scratcher into the anchor hole in the rail. He had it sitting on the top edge of the rail, so if you reverse with it down, it should just flip over. If there are no idler wheels or any other obstructions to interfere with it. Sounds like it should work, and maybe increase the downward pressure some.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read a post somewhere on a guy using the standard spring type of scratchers, and instead of installing the foward end of the scratcher into the anchor hole in the rail. He had it sitting on the top edge of the rail, so if you reverse with it down, it should just flip over. If there are no idler wheels or any other obstructions to interfere with it. Sounds like it should work, and maybe increase the downward pressure some.

That is how I install mine! But sadly I always still have bent scratchers! Lol. In theory it works but not in real life.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That is how I install mine! But sadly I always still have bent scratchers! Lol. In theory it works but not in real life.

In theory it doesn't work either. It would be like installing a 12" rod on a pivot point 3" above a solid surface and expect you could spin in around. The only way it could pivot around without bending is if you are in a foot of powder and then you wouldn't have the scratchers down in the first place.

Top Bottom